PDA

View Full Version : Could Kent go to the Cubs?


HawkDJ
11-17-2002, 12:44 PM
I haven't seen this rumor but I'm just thinking since the Giants are almost positive they won't resign Kent (they are interested in Durham) and since Baker went to the Cubs and the Cubs need a 2b (unless you count Bobby Hill and I don't). Anyone think this could be a possibility?

Vsahajpal
11-17-2002, 01:18 PM
I believe they're looking at Kent as a 3B, Hill is the starting 2B.

OneDog
11-17-2002, 02:29 PM
I read an interview with Dusty Baker shortly after he was hired by the Cubs. He claimed that Kent said he was very interested in coming to the Cubs to play for Baker, even though he would have to move to 3B. Kent has a lot of respect for Baker, so he would probably enjoy protecting another superstar in the lineup and playing for Baker at the same time.

PaleHoseGeorge
11-17-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by OneDog
I read an interview with Dusty Baker shortly after he was hired by the Cubs. He claimed that Kent said he was very interested in coming to the Cubs to play for Baker, even though he would have to move to 3B. Kent has a lot of respect for Baker, so he would probably enjoy protecting another superstar in the lineup and playing for Baker at the same time.

Yes, but does he like salsa music? :smile:

:shammy
You no like-a the salsa music, you no a Cub either, you know wha eye mean?

Chisoxfn
11-17-2002, 05:06 PM
Maybe its just me, but who cares who the Cubs are going to get.

RichH55
11-19-2002, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
Maybe its just me, but who cares who the Cubs are going to get.

I do......conflict theory I guess.....we are in direct competition for resources with them and most arguing I will do will be Cubs-Sox related with friends...it helps to know your enemy

RichH55
11-19-2002, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
Maybe its just me, but who cares who the Cubs are going to get.

Speaking on who the Cubs are getting/not getting...They haven't signed Lieber yet....I know he's hurt for the year, but getting him for the Sox would be a boon. He has all sorts of talent(and knows how to pitch when healthy)...from everything I've heard he's a good clubhouse guy...and well I don't subscribe to the theory that every ex-sox player that goes to the cubs and vice-versa is a PR stunt...this one wouldn't hurt in that regard either

RKMeibalane
11-19-2002, 05:09 PM
If this goes through, I'll be waiting for the first Kent-Sosa shoving match in the dugout. If Kent thought that Bonds was an ass, he's in for the shock of his life, dealing with "Mr. Egomaniac" everyday.

Vsahajpal
11-19-2002, 05:14 PM
I don't think Kent will be a Cub, recent reports have the Cubs going after Vidro and Vasquez in a deal that would send Sox favorite Bobby Hill along with Zambrano and a 3rd player to Montreal

http://www.canada.com/montreal/sports/teams/expos/story.html?id={D642DEC4-24AA-49FF-9B94-EC02C0D0589D}

OfficerKarkovice
11-19-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
I don't think Kent will be a Cub, recent reports have the Cubs going after Vidro and Vasquez in a deal that would send Sox favorite Bobby Hill along with Zambrano and a 3rd player to Montreal

http://www.canada.com/montreal/sports/teams/expos/story.html?id={D642DEC4-24AA-49FF-9B94-EC02C0D0589D}

Unless that 3rd player is an absolute stud, the Cubs would be be robbing the Expos blind.

chisox06
11-19-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
Maybe its just me, but who cares who the Cubs are going to get.

Exactly, who cares? I'm not a cubs fan, I'm a sox fan.