PDA

View Full Version : Corey Lidle Traded-Not to Us

duke of dorwood
11-16-2002, 09:34 PM
To Toronto for 2 minor leagers per ESPN.

:KW

Missed it by that much

RedPinStripes
11-16-2002, 09:46 PM
****! :angry:

duke of dorwood
11-16-2002, 10:10 PM
The two prospects Oakland acquired in the trade are infielder Mike Rouse and right-handed pitcher Chris Mowday.

And we were talking about El Cabaillo for him.

Jjav829
11-16-2002, 10:19 PM
:KW
"ZZZZZZZZ......What? Is it too late to throw in Borchard?"

Daver
11-16-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
The two prospects Oakland acquired in the trade are infielder Mike Rouse and right-handed pitcher Chris Mowday.

Lee for Lidle would have been a money for money move,the A's would have taken Lee's lower salary in return for losing Lidle's higher salary,Beane has been told to trim the payroll by five mil.and KW can't increase the payroll by a whole bunch,for two reasons,he was given a forty five mil. budget without Frank's contract,he used half of that on Konerko,and will use what is left on Buerhle,but the whole thing blows up if Frank comes back,because the new CBA only allows teams to defer payroll for two years,so his budget will be blown out of the water next year.

Jerry_Manuel
11-16-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

We don't know that.

I believe that was just Sullivan giving his take on who it would take to get him. Maybe I'm wrong.

baggio202
11-16-2002, 10:52 PM
if toronto got him for two minor leaguers...and judging from their stats ( rouse hit 260 with 9 homers at AA and mowday had a 2.99 era at A) we could have easily come up with 2 minor leaguers of equal stature for lidle..this just shows KW has no interest in improving this team...

duke of dorwood
11-16-2002, 10:56 PM
More likelybelievable talk was Mark Johnson in that trade. Seemed like we had more than that to offer. Boy, if 4 million is too much to take on, we aint gonna get much this off season.

cornball
11-16-2002, 11:16 PM
I may be mistaken but i thought i read that the Expos were waiting for their budget from MLB, to decide if they were going to move Colon and others...(The Tribune this week) and they were thinking it was to be possibly 55 million....whats up with 45 mil?

Lip Man 1
11-17-2002, 01:20 AM
This and That:

Cornball asks..."what's up with 45 million?"

That's the projected budget for 2003 for the White Sox! That's right our Sox could have a SMALLER budget then such "have nots" as the Twins, Expos, and Indians (so what does that make the Sox???)

Duke says: "If four million is to much to take on, we ain't gonna get much this off season..."

Ding, Ding, Ding. Give that man a cigar because the only thing the Sox are interested in getting is YOUR MONEY!

Baggio says: "This just shows KW has no interest in improving the team..."

Another winner!!!!! All KW is interested in is keeping the owner happy. (And our owner does NOT spend a friggin dime!)

Lip

harwar
11-17-2002, 10:15 AM
Its just as well that KW and beale didn't get together,because we all know who would have got the better of that deal.

Jjav829
11-17-2002, 10:35 AM
Ricciardi sure knows how to take Beane in trades. Maybe he can teach it to KW. :smile: