PDA

View Full Version : Sox report card

Daver
11-15-2002, 04:42 PM
According to BA:

Overall C+

Chicago White Sox

MAJOR LEAGUES C
Slumping major league team perked up after midseason trades of veterans like Kenny Lofton and ended up at .500.

MINOR LEAGUES C
Birmingham won Southern and Bristol won Appalachian, but overall teams were .466; left Arizona League for new affiliate in Great Falls.

TALENT LEVEL B
Joe Crede led latest crop of new big leaguers, and Joe Borchard could be ready soon; Corwin Malone and other prospects faltered.

PLAYER PROCUREMENT C
Conservative draft focused on pitching, and deadline deals also brought in more arms.

ORGANIZATION DIRECTION C
Kenny Williams tries youth after raising payroll and weakening system without big league success; Big Hurtís departure signals new era.

jeremyb1
11-15-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by daver
According to BA:

Overall C+

Chicago White Sox

awesome. thanks for posting that. in a ba chat today, will lingo said he thought that along with the cubs and maybe also the rangers and pirates we were one of the C rated teams that had the best chance of having breakthrough seasons in the near future.

ode to veeck
11-15-2002, 10:19 PM
pretty generous grading system, like one hell of a curve ... either that or KW wore his knee pads for the grader

Daver
11-15-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
pretty generous grading system, like one hell of a curve ... either that or KW wore his knee pads for the grader

:KW

What exactly are you trying to say Ode?

Because this whole thing is starting to piss me off......

voodoochile
11-15-2002, 11:19 PM
Didn't realize Frank was gone yet, or did I miss something in the last few hours?

jcw218
11-15-2002, 11:38 PM
To my knowledge, Frank has yet to sign a contract with another team. Until he does that, he returns to the Sox on Dec 7. IMO there is not a team out there where he can get the same amount of money over the same time period.

Jerry_Manuel
11-16-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Didn't realize Frank was gone yet, or did I miss something in the last few hours?

I think you just have to read more into their comments.