PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore "Sun" On Frank Thomas

Lip Man 1
11-15-2002, 12:36 AM
I got a call tonight from a friend who works for The Baltimore Sun.

My friend told me that the Sun is running a story in the Friday edition that states that Frank Thomas and his agent Arn Tellum, have expressed interest in joining the Orioles.

That's all I know. I have no idea if the Orioles are interested and to what degree. Perhaps when the story come out someone can post a link to it.

Just FYI Sox fans!

Lip

Twins8791
11-15-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I got a call tonight from a friend who works for The Baltimore Sun.

My friend told me that the Sun is running a story in the Friday edition that states that Frank Thomas and his agent Arn Tellum, have expressed interest in joining the Orioles.

That's all I know. I have no idea if the Orioles are interested and to what degree. Perhaps when the story come out someone can post a link to it.

Just FYI Sox fans!

Lip

Ask and you shall receive!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-sp.orioles14nov14,0,2824050.story?coll=bal%2Dsport s%2Dbaseball

SI1020
11-15-2002, 09:56 AM
OK let me go out on a limb and say despite published reports about a lack of interest in him, I don't think FT will be back with the Sox. I'm not saying I'm OK with this, just that I don't think he'll be back.

duke of dorwood
11-15-2002, 10:21 AM
Frank is going to find out that its the O's or here. Thome wont go there. If the Yanks want the Japanese player, they'll get him. It may trickle down to Frank-it may take right to the Dec 7 deadline.

jeremyb1
11-15-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by SI1020
OK let me go out on a limb and say despite published reports about a lack of interest in him, I don't think FT will be back with the Sox. I'm not saying I'm OK with this, just that I don't think he'll be back.

if you read the article, it really seems to say frank is interested in the o's more than they're interested in him. this makes sense. if frank wants to switch teams at a salary anywhere near what we'd pay him he needs teams like the orioles to offer him money. i just really doubt they'll offer enough.

SI1020
11-15-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
if you read the article, it really seems to say frank is interested in the o's more than they're interested in him. this makes sense. if frank wants to switch teams at a salary anywhere near what we'd pay him he needs teams like the orioles to offer him money. i just really doubt they'll offer enough. Wouldn't be the first time one of my baseball predictions went awry. By the way, hope you enjoy yourself at WSI.

RedPinStripes
11-15-2002, 04:19 PM
If Schu lands the job in Baltimore , Thomas' chances of going there are better IMO.

jeremyb1
11-15-2002, 05:00 PM
Wouldn't be the first time one of my baseball predictions went awry. By the way, hope you enjoy yourself at WSI.

thanks, i'm enjoying here a lot so far. more and better posts than at the sox official board in my opinion.

in a baseball america chat today someone again mentioned the rumors that the o's are interested to maybe its possible they'll pursue frank. who knows how much stock we can place into the rumors that baltimore has shown no interest, especially when it was reported by sullivan.

Daver
11-15-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
If Schu lands the job in Baltimore , Thomas' chances of going there are better IMO.

I hope Angelos does hire Schu,those two idiots deserve each other.

RedPinStripes
11-15-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by daver
I hope Angelos does hire Schu,those two idiots deserve each other.

After 83, I wish nothing but a curse on the Orioles. I tend to hold a grudge at times. :D:

SI1020
11-16-2002, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by daver
I hope Angelos does hire Schu,those two idiots deserve each other. I depend on you baseball wise folks at WSI to keep me posted. Whatever happened to Syd Thrift?

Daver
11-16-2002, 10:32 AM
I depend on you baseball wise folks at WSI to keep me posted. Whatever happened to Syd Thrift?

Though his contract has expired he is still toiling for the Orioles,he attended the fall meetings as the representative of the Orioles.Though Angelos is looking for a replacement GM it is expected that Thrift will remain with the organization in some capacity.