PDA

View Full Version : Wow, this can't actually be true, can it?

Jjav829
11-14-2002, 11:14 PM
NY Post (http://www.nypost.com/sports/mets/25364.htm)

Not long ago, the Reds trumpeted the idea they would enter their new stadium in 2003 with a dynamic outfield of Ken Griffey flanked by young stars on the rise, Adam Dunn and Austin Kearns. But at these GM Meetings, Cincinnati has told teams both Griffey and Dunn are available .

I could see why they might want to move Griffey, but trade Dunn? I can't see why they would want to trade him.

OfficerKarkovice
11-14-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

I could see why they might want to move Griffey, but trade Dunn? I can't see why they would want to trade him.

I have no idea why either...but if they did move him (Dunn) it would cost you and arm and a probably two legs.

voodoochile
11-15-2002, 12:19 AM
How much would it cost the Sox to get Griffey? Man wouldn't it be nice to see him patrolling CF and batting 4th?

I have no idea, so I won't even suggest a trade, but starting with Borchard would be the obvious choice. The question: Is it worth trading Borchard and other prospects for Griffey?

Just wondering what people think...

Jjav829
11-15-2002, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
How much would it cost the Sox to get Griffey? Man wouldn't it be nice to see him patrolling CF and batting 4th?

I have no idea, so I won't even suggest a trade, but starting with Borchard would be the obvious choice. The question: Is it worth trading Borchard and other prospects for Griffey?

Just wondering what people think...

I like Griffey and a few years ago I wanted him here. But now, I don't think so. Too many injuries, too many clubhouse problems. Plus his salary would probably mean that we wouldn't be able to get that top pitcher.

I think you just take the shot with Borchard. Now obviously if Dunn could be had then you would have to trade Borchard. But that isn't happening.

harwar
11-15-2002, 07:28 AM
Griffey was my favorite player for years,as i love the CF position,but hes' too expensive and a huge gamble for anyone.

RKMeibalane
11-15-2002, 07:51 AM
Griffey is too big of a risk. He hasn't been the same since he left Seattle, though injuries have played a role in that. He also has his own island, like someone we all know.

:hitless

"Why is everyone looking at me?"

Dadawg_77
11-15-2002, 09:02 AM
Griffey might be a cheap pickup talent wise. The Reds would love to dump that salary thus would be willing to take less back. The Sox could have the best OF in the majors with Griffey in center, Mags in Right and LTP in Left. Or Dunn in Left/Right, Mags in Right/Left, and LTP in Center.

maurice
11-15-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
The question: Is it worth trading Borchard and other prospects for Griffey?

No way. Griff was a great player for a long time, but his recent performance and injury history suggest that he might be done.

Now, I'd give up Borchard for Dunn in a second, but the Reds would have to be nuts to make that trade straight up. Maybe if KW threw in a second quality player or prospect.

:KW
"I'll give you Borchard, Crede, Rauch, Honel, and Garland for Wily Mo Pena."

:liefer
"Who needs Adam Dunn when you've got me?"

:cleo
"I predict another disturbing offseason for Sox fans."

MarkEdward
11-15-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829

And this is how far you have to read to realize the rumor is nowhere close to being true.