PDA

View Full Version : Probation

Paulwny
11-14-2002, 02:10 PM
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/wire/sns-ap-bba-coach-attacked1114nov14,0,599222.story?coll=sns%2Dap%2Db aseball%2Dheadlines

By Associated Press

November 14, 2002, 1:28 PM EST

CHICAGO -- A 15-year-old boy who admitted attacking a Kansas City Royals coach during a game at Comiskey Park was sentenced to five years of probation Thursday.

MarkEdward
11-14-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/wire/sns-ap-bba-coach-attacked1114nov14,0,599222.story?coll=sns%2Dap%2Db aseball%2Dheadlines

By Associated Press

November 14, 2002, 1:28 PM EST

CHICAGO -- A 15-year-old boy who admitted attacking a Kansas City Royals coach during a game at Comiskey Park was sentenced to five years of probation Thursday.

I'm very criminally illiterate, but what is he "prohibited" from doing now? If he commits another crime within these five years, will he get a larger sentence?

steff
11-14-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
I'm very criminally illiterate, but what is he "prohibited" from doing now? If he commits another crime within these five years, will he get a larger sentence?

I only know about adult probation (my girlfriends brother got it for a bar fight - 5th one in 2 years - a few years ago) but what happens is he'll have to go see an office every month (or whatever the court requests), he'll have to pay a fine, he will have a curvew, certian places he can not go (Comiskey for instance..), can not leave the state, and if he gets into any more trouble (more than a ticket once he can drive - although they can use that against you if it's habitual) then he can be locked up for the entire time that he would have been sentenced had he not gotten the probation. Likely he's going to be restricted from seeing his father insupervised as well.
If he misses a monthly check in that's violation, too. Her brother had to have his appendix out and was in surgery the day he was to report. The next day, they were at his house with a warrant...

Cheryl
11-14-2002, 04:53 PM
The sentence seems appropriate to me, so long as they lock that father of his away for a while. I'd be p o'd if all he got was probation.