PDA

View Full Version : Double Posts


voodoochile
11-13-2002, 05:33 PM
Just so everyone is aware, you are able to edit and delete your own posts. If you notice you have double posted something please do so. I know it isn't a huge issue, but the more posts we use, the more it takes to run the site. If you notice you posted something that has already been posted, please take the moment to delete it by using the "edit" command and then following the instructions for deleting the message.

I and the other moderators don't want to delete your threads, because that may be perceived as heavy handed. I try to merge threads instead, but that gets old and really doesn't do much to save space on the server. So, in the interests of being fair to you folks, while helping the site conserve space and hence costs, we ask that you take advantage of the software that FWC has done a great job of putting together for us all to use.

Double Post? Delete it yourself when you notice please...

Thanks...

doublem23
11-13-2002, 07:31 PM
Phew... I thought I was in trouble. :)

Anyways, can do.

Dadawg_77
11-14-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Just so everyone is aware, you are able to edit and delete your own posts. If you notice you have double posted something please do so. I know it isn't a huge issue, but the more posts we use, the more it takes to run the site. If you notice you posted something that has already been posted, please take the moment to delete it by using the "edit" command and then following the instructions for deleting the message.

I and the other moderators don't want to delete your threads, because that may be perceived as heavy handed. I try to merge threads instead, but that gets old and really doesn't do much to save space on the server. So, in the interests of being fair to you folks, while helping the site conserve space and hence costs, we ask that you take advantage of the software that FWC has done a great job of putting together for us all to use.

Double Post? Delete it yourself when you notice please...

Thanks...

Can we do that now? In the past users have been able to delete a post within threads but not the threads (the first post). That has always been a mod power.

voodoochile
11-14-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Can we do that now? In the past users have been able to delete a post within threads but not the threads (the first post). That has always been a mod power.

I guess I assumed so and didn't ask (I'm still learning this job :D: )

Since I am a moderator, it is impossible for me to check the above statement. Would someone please go to the test board and test their ability to delete a thread and then report back to me?

Maybe Daver or West can just answer the question. Still, if anyone wants to try and then report back, it would be appreciated...

Dadawg_77
11-14-2002, 11:30 AM
I did. Since I didn't want to make more of a fool of myself then I already have, I tested it.

Paulwny
11-14-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I guess I assumed so and didn't ask (I'm still learning this job :D: )

Since I am a moderator, it is impossible for me to check the above statement. Would someone please go to the test board and test their ability to delete a thread and then report back to me?

Maybe Daver or West can just answer the question. Still, if anyone wants to try and then report back, it would be appreciated...

I tried deleting my thread a few days ago and wasn't able to accomplish it, a messeger stating something about not having the authority or words close to that.

voodoochile
11-14-2002, 11:43 AM
Well in that case, nevermind. Thanks for letting me know. Nice to see someone is on top of things around here. Man these moderators suck at their jobs...

I'll unstick this thread now and go hide my face in a corner...

:D:

FarWestChicago
11-14-2002, 03:44 PM
Of course the ability to delete a thread is restricted. Deleting your own post is your perogative. However, if it's the first post in a thread, it will take out the whole thread. That's why I have the settings the way they are.