PDA

View Full Version : AL Gold Glove winners


WinningUgly!
11-13-2002, 02:05 PM
P: Kenny Rogers, Texas Rangers
C: Bengie Molina, Anaheim Angels
1B: John Olerud, Seattle Mariners
2B: Bret Boone, Seattle Mariners
3B: Eric Chavez, Oakland Athletics
SS: Alex Rodriguez, Texas Rangers
OF: Darin Erstad, Anaheim Angels
OF: Torii Hunter, Minnesota Twins
OF: Ichiro Suzuki, Seattle Mariners

hold2dibber
11-13-2002, 03:10 PM
Buehrle should have won at P (okay, I'm totally biased and saw Kenny Rogers pitch maybe twice this year, but Buehrle is awesome in the field and has a killer pick off move).

RKMeibalane
11-13-2002, 03:45 PM
Someone else should have won at the shortstop position.

:hitless

"I hold the record for highest fielding percentage in White Sox history."

HawkDJ
11-13-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
P: Kenny Rogers, Texas Rangers
C: Bengie Molina, Anaheim Angels
1B: John Olerud, Seattle Mariners
2B: Bret Boone, Seattle Mariners
3B: Eric Chavez, Oakland Athletics
SS: Alex Rodriguez, Texas Rangers
OF: Darin Erstad, Anaheim Angels
OF: Torii Hunter, Minnesota Twins
OF: Ichiro Suzuki, Seattle Mariners

AKA the AL west + a twin team.

Nellie_Fox
11-13-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Someone else should have won at the shortstop position.
"I hold the record for highest fielding percentage in White Sox history." Well, it took all of two replies before the obligatory swipe at Clayton. What took so long?

voodoochile
11-13-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Well, it took all of two replies before the obligatory swipe at Clayton. What took so long?

He's no longer on the team? Just guessing that people feel less urgency to rip on Royce than they did when he was busy sucking it up on the southside and telling everyone how great he was...

Heck, Bears fans still rip on Cade McNown and he has been gone well over a year now...

Jjav829
11-13-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile


Heck, Bears fans still rip on Cade McNown and he has been gone well over a year now...

Voodoo, at this point, I want Cade back!! I'd rather have someone who atleast had potential than Miller of Chandler. Yuck! Where's Ryan Leaf? :smile:

Jjav829
11-13-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
AKA the AL west + a twin team.

Well, they're good teams. Teams that play bad defense rarely make it that far. I can't say that I am surprised.

guillen4life13
11-13-2002, 04:48 PM
all but texas. lol texas.

but yeah, these are teams that actually work, and-- say could it be true?-- are well run with good gms.

jeremyb1
11-13-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Buehrle should have won at P (okay, I'm totally biased and saw Kenny Rogers pitch maybe twice this year, but Buehrle is awesome in the field and has a killer pick off move).

i agree. buehrle at least deserved consideration which i doubt he received from most. i was looking at his fielding stats compared to guys like mussina and rogers who are considered strong fielders and his numbers compare with theirs pretty well. he certainly made some highlight reel plays this year. gold gloves are ridiculous because they're entirely about hype. no one even attempts to evaluate defense objectively.

RichH55
11-13-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
i agree. buehrle at least deserved consideration which i doubt he received from most. i was looking at his fielding stats compared to guys like mussina and rogers who are considered strong fielders and his numbers compare with theirs pretty well. he certainly made some highlight reel plays this year. gold gloves are ridiculous because they're entirely about hype. no one even attempts to evaluate defense objectively.


Well Buerhle might have a good move, but I think there was only one attempted steal(thrown out) against Rogers all year....thats pretty hard to top

voodoochile
11-13-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Well Buerhle might have a good move, but I think there was only one attempted steal(thrown out) against Rogers all year....thats pretty hard to top

Buehrle's defense up the middle is as good as I have seen in a long time. He is not just a pitcher, he is a 5th infielder...

RichH55
11-14-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Buehrle's defense up the middle is as good as I have seen in a long time. He is not just a pitcher, he is a 5th infielder...

Rogers is also well-regarded in that manner...but those attempted steal stats opened my eyes alot of the subject, tough to argue with one attempt