PDA

View Full Version : Crash Crashes

Viva Magglio
11-13-2002, 07:30 AM
It may have been an innocent accident, but this makes me :angry:.

From the Daily Herald: "Sox' Rowand suffers several injuries in dirt bike accident" (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/main_story.asp?intID=3757335)

CLR01
11-13-2002, 07:35 AM
See kids this is what happens to you when you run into walls.

Idiot (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sox_story.asp?intID=3757335)

SI1020
11-13-2002, 11:33 AM
When you're young you think you're indestructible. At my age, you know you ain't.

SoxxoS
11-13-2002, 11:35 AM
Rowand hurt in accident

The White Sox have announced that outfielder Aaron Rowand will undergo surgery today in California for injuries sustained in an off-road dirt bike accident.

The 25-year-old Rowand, who lives in Glendora, Calif., had a broken rib on each side, a broken left scapula and a bruised left shoulder in the accident, which occurred earlier this month.

Rowand told the Daily Herald that he was riding trails with his brother-in-law when he hit a hump while goiung about 20 m.p.h. He ended up flipping over his handlebars and down an embankment.

"My dirt bike days are over," he told the newspaper. "It's going to be sold."

The team did not offer any details on what type of surgery Rowand is undergoing.

The team said he is expected to be ready for spring training, though it also said a better diagnosis will be available after surgery.

Rowand hit .258 with seven home runs and 29 RBIs in 126 games for the White Sox in 2002 after taking over as the starting center fielder in late July.
Copyright 2002, ChicagoSports.com

SoxxoS
11-13-2002, 11:35 AM
Sorry, I didnt look at all the threads when I posted...

Ol Aches & Pains
11-13-2002, 12:45 PM
This is the same thing that happened to Ron Gant a few years ago. I thought after that, every player's contract would proscribe against any dirt bikes, atv's, snowmobiles, or motorcycles in general.

How stupid are these guys? In what other line of work does Aaron Rowand have a chance to retire as a multi-millionaire? All you have to do is take care of yourself for about 10-12 years, and you're set for life! Is that too much to expect?

RichH55
11-13-2002, 12:46 PM
Well this is just super....at least it comes off as more professional than Jeff Kent's injury, but then again Rowand isnt going to put up Kent's numbers either

OneDog
11-13-2002, 02:12 PM
At least Rowand owned up to being an idiot when he said he wouldn't do anything like that again. Hopefully this isn't an omen already for the 2003 season.

doublem23
11-13-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by OneDog
At least Rowand owned up to being an idiot when he said he wouldn't do anything like that again. Hopefully this isn't an omen already for the 2003 season.

Hopefully it is, in that the Sox are now FORCED to get themselves a competent centerfielder, instead of relying on Aaron "If I run into the walls enough, I'll win a Gold Glove, right?" Rowand.

RKMeibalane
11-13-2002, 03:41 PM
Rowand wasn't using common sense. He should have realized that he is needed next season, because Harris hasn't shown much with the bat yet, and Borchard isn't ready to start in the Major Leagues. If Rowand can't play because of his shoulder, the Sox may be forced to rush Borchard instead of allowing him another half-season at Triple-A, where he can work on his pitch-selection and his ability to just put the bat on the ball, so he reduces his high strikeout totals.

Jerry_Manuel
11-13-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Hopefully it is, in that the Sox are now FORCED to get themselves a competent centerfielder, instead of relying on Aaron "If I run into the walls enough, I'll win a Gold Glove, right?" Rowand.

Yawn.

It'll be Borchard or Harris, get real.

RichH55
11-13-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by OneDog

That makes it so much better? Stupidity is still stupidity