PDA

View Full Version : Todd Hollandsworth?

WinningUgly!
11-13-2002, 10:04 AM
Any thoughts on him as a FA, who probably won't be very expensive? I know he's had problems with injuries the last few seasons, but he'd be a nice left handed bat & can play all 3 OF positions, along with 1b. He could provide some flexibility with Lee possibly being traded, Borchard maybe ready, maybe not & now the Rowand injury.
In his 134 games between Colorado & Texas last year...
BA-.284 HR-16 RBI-67 OBP-.334 SLG-.444 OPS-.778

NewyorkSoxFan
11-13-2002, 10:21 AM
If he's hurt and he comes cheap sounds like the perfect guy for our team. Maybe we can breath life back into his career.

NYSF

WinningUgly!
11-13-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by NewyorkSoxFan
If he's hurt and he comes cheap sounds like the perfect guy for our team. Maybe we can breath life back into his career.

NYSF

I still look at Hollandsworth as a guy with a huge upside. he's 29 & ready to hit his prime. I predict a huge season out of him somewhere...

bc2k
11-13-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
He could provide some flexibility with Lee possibly being traded, Borchard maybe ready, maybe not & now the Rowand injury.

Did Aaron Rowand get hurt playing winter ball?

Lip Man 1
11-13-2002, 11:22 AM
Normally I'd say where would Hollinsworth play? But with the news that Rowand tore himself up (doing something stupid) and that Lee may be traded for Lidle, I'd consider it a possibility.

Lip

WinningUgly!
11-13-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
Did Aaron Rowand get hurt playing winter ball?

Nope...BMX style. :D: Crash Crashes (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15608)

jeremyb1
11-13-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Any thoughts on him as a FA, who probably won't be very expensive? I know he's had problems with injuries the last few seasons, but he'd be a nice left handed bat & can play all 3 OF positions, along with 1b. He could provide some flexibility with Lee possibly being traded, Borchard maybe ready, maybe not & now the Rowand injury.
In his 134 games between Colorado & Texas last year...
BA-.284 HR-16 RBI-67 OBP-.334 SLG-.444 OPS-.778

i'd certainly take him over liefer. obviously if he's injured that's a problem but if he's just a 5th outfielder then maybe he'd do a better job of staying healthy. i'm sure his defense would be a lot better than liefer's.

WinningUgly!
11-13-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
i'd certainly take him over liefer. obviously if he's injured that's a problem but if he's just a 5th outfielder then maybe he'd do a better job of staying healthy. i'm sure his defense would be a lot better than liefer's.

I'll take him in CF everyday over Rowand. Lee or Borchard in LF & that other guy :maggs in RF.