PDA

View Full Version : Plesac


RichH55
11-12-2002, 02:12 PM
I dont understand what some posters have against him....He wants to come here, he's a lefty(that means we dont have to see Jimmy Parque) and
2002 - AL 19 0 13.1 11 5 5 1 6 14 1 2 5 0 1 .216 1.28 3.38
2002 - NL 41 0 23.0 16 12 12 5 12 27 2 1 13 1 2 .190 1.22 4.70
2002 - Tot. 60 0 36.1 27 17 17 6 18 41 3 3 18 1 3 .200 1.24 4.21
Those arent horrible numbers and the AL numbers are better anyway

2000 Ari 62 0 0 0 40.0 34 21 14 4 26 45 5 1 0 9 4 3.15
2001 Tor 62 0 0 0 45.1 34 18 18 4 24 68 4 5 1 16 1 3.57

Those numbers are pretty solid too, so whats the problem?

WinningUgly!
11-12-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by RichH55


Those numbers are pretty solid too, so whats the problem?

Isn't he like 80?

ilovemags30
11-12-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Isn't he like 80?

AYYYYYYYY hes 40... and he feels he has another yr left in him.. i would love to see him in chitown...

MarkEdward
11-12-2002, 04:52 PM
If we had a need for LOOGY's, I'd pick him up. We still have Wunsch, and can bring Vining back if need be.

hold2dibber
11-12-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
If we had a need for LOOGY's, I'd pick him up. We still have Wunsch, and can bring Vining back if need be.

Don't forget Porzio!

maurice
11-12-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
so whats the problem?

As noted in the other, related thread, Plesac is old and (relatively) expensive. It looks like the Sox plan to fill out the pen with young, cheap players (current roster + Almonte, Valentine, and Munoz).

Besides, the Sox already have at least two serviceable left-handed relief pitchers (Marte and Wunsch), in addition to some other lefty candidates (e.g., Porzio and Munoz).

MarkEdward
11-12-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Don't forget Porzio!

Porzio's more of a long reliever. Fow what it's worth, I hope he doesn't return.

Lip Man 1
11-12-2002, 09:43 PM
Mark:

Maybe there is more then one Vining in the Sox organization, but I believe the Sox cut him a few weeks ago.

He was part of the "White Flag" Trade that never panned out. (like MOST of it!) I remember reading about that somewhere on these Sox boards.

He was one of 17 guys the Sox cut (if we're both talking about the same guy...)

Lip

MarkEdward
11-12-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Mark:

Maybe there is more then one Vining in the Sox organization, but I believe the Sox cut him a few weeks ago.

He was part of the "White Flag" Trade that never panned out. (like MOST of it!) I remember reading about that somewhere on these Sox boards.

He was one of 17 guys the Sox cut (if we're both talking about the same guy...)

Lip

I do believe we're talking about the same Vining (first name Ken, out of Clemson, lefty). He was released as a minor league free agent, but he could be brought back with little trouble.

RichH55
11-13-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
I do believe we're talking about the same Vining (first name Ken, out of Clemson, lefty). He was released as a minor league free agent, but he could be brought back with little trouble.


Well a guy who we felt the need to cut, probably doesnt figure into future plans all that much

Champ Summers
11-13-2002, 01:44 PM
he has been signed by the Astros

RichH55
11-13-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Champ Summers
he has been signed by the Astros


Pleasac or Vining?

Champ Summers
11-20-2002, 03:17 AM
vining