PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day 11/12

Lip Man 1
11-12-2002, 01:40 PM
Kenny Williams was asked if the Sox started negotiations yet with the agents for Mark Buehrle and Paul Konerko on potential long term deals. This was his answer...

"I hesitate to give anyone timetables about our dealings contractually with our players,'' said Williams, who is in Tucson, Ariz., for the GM meetings. "These things are done with as little fanfare as possible to ensure that neither side feels any undue pressure or justice when that gets out publicly and influences one way or another.''

That's "Stanford English" meaning "we like to screw over our players in private, that way the fans and media don't get as upset with us..."

LOL

Lip

RichH55
11-12-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Kenny Williams was asked if the Sox started negotiations yet with the agents for Mark Buehrle and Paul Konerko on potential long term deals. This was his answer...

"I hesitate to give anyone timetables about our dealings contractually with our players,'' said Williams, who is in Tucson, Ariz., for the GM meetings. "These things are done with as little fanfare as possible to ensure that neither side feels any undue pressure or justice when that gets out publicly and influences one way or another.''

That's "Stanford English" meaning "we like to screw over our players in private, that way the fans and media don't get as upset with us..."

LOL

Lip

You interpreted something the White Sox said, did, didnt do, might have done, colloraborated with the CIA over as negative??!?!?!!?? :o: :o: :o: :o:

RichH55
11-12-2002, 01:51 PM
Ok....obligatory lipman not pleased with Sox management post....I hate Royce Clayton....ok anti-choice sentiment said...if we can just get bc2k to bash Thomas for something totally ridiculous we could have ourselves the perfect WSI thread!

OfficerKarkovice
11-12-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
Ok....obligatory lipman not pleased with Sox management post....I hate Royce Clayton....ok anti-choice sentiment said...if we can just get bc2k to bash Thomas for something totally ridiculous we could have ourselves the perfect WSI thread!

No kidding

duke of dorwood
11-12-2002, 02:09 PM
As hard as this may seem to say, this guy makes me appreciate Dick Jauron.

Foulke You
11-12-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

LOL

Lip

I have to disagree with the sentiment of others on this thread, I think Lip Man is dead on with this statement.

CLR01
11-13-2002, 08:40 AM
Oh yeah, it cant mean they simply prefer to negotiate without the interference of the media. How silly of me to think that.

NewyorkSoxFan
11-13-2002, 08:57 AM
You know I blame JR for this, instead of going out and getting an experienced GM when RS stepped down, once again he feels he can always reinvent the wheel. KW may someday turn out to be a good GM, but it will be at the expense of destroying this organization to learn.

What makes it even more difficult is that when the budget is as tight as a mouses rear you can't afford to many gaffes on talent evaluation. Brian Cashman can afford to miss with Raul Mondesi or Rondell White, why? Because he can turn around and sign Jason Giambi or Godzilla from Japan and everyone forgets how awful those two were.

We bring in Choice and the nameless pitcher from the pirates and it (along with other stupid moves) destroys what should have been a good season.

Why won't he sell!!!

NYSF

WinningUgly!
11-13-2002, 10:27 AM

The thread won't be perfect until ChiSoxBob refers to Jon Garland as "Cement Head"!

guillen4life13
11-13-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
The thread won't be perfect until ChiSoxBob refers to Jon Garland as "Cement Head"!

lol

guillen4life13
11-13-2002, 05:08 PM

speaking of frank bashing... whatever happened to NUKE_CLEVELAND?

Jerry_Manuel
11-13-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
speaking of frank bashing... whatever happened to NUKE_CLEVELAND?

I posted this before but nobody read it I guess. He was banned or put under moderation, either way he will not be back here.

whitesoxwilkes
11-13-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

We also need RKMelabaine to post something about *tinkering*