PDA

View Full Version : Frank not on Orioles hit list

duke of dorwood
11-11-2002, 03:21 PM
TUCSON, Ariz. - The Orioles are getting ready to hit the free- agent market, and this time they aren't thinking small.
Syd Thrift, the club's vice president of baseball operations, said yesterday the Orioles have already expressed interest in Jim Thome, Cliff Floyd, Ivan Rodriguez and Edgardo Alfonzo.

RKMeibalane
11-11-2002, 08:38 PM
The Orioles are a joke. I don't anticipate seeing any of those players on their roster next season. Baltimore doesn't have enough talent already in place to attract some of the better free-agents availible. Every player on that list has been in the Majors for several years, and each seems to be the type of player who cares mostly about winning, which isn't something that will be happening in Baltimore anytime soon.

Lip Man 1
11-11-2002, 08:51 PM
RK Says : "each seems to be the type of player who cares mostly about winning, which isn't something that will be happening in Baltimore anytime soon."

I guess that criteria gets the Sox off the hook doesn't it? (i.e. "winning soon...")

Lip

duke of dorwood
11-11-2002, 10:26 PM
I dont think the O's have a GM yet. Last I heard, Scheuler was still in the mix there.