PDA

View Full Version : CNNSI Wonders what the hell dusty baker is thinking...

Unregistered
11-10-2002, 04:26 PM
Interesting article on the CNNSI website about why Dusty Baker would possibly want to leave a World Series team for the crappy sCrUBS...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/john_donovan/news/2002/11/08/baker_cubs/

Daver
11-10-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Interesting article on the CNNSI website about why Dusty Baker would possibly want to leave a World Series team for the crappy sCrUBS...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/john_donovan/news/2002/11/08/baker_cubs/

Money,plain and simple,the Gnats are not willing to pay him 4 mil a year and the ScRubs are.........

rmusacch
11-10-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by daver
Money,plain and simple,the Gnats are not willing to pay him 4 mil a year and the ScRubs are.........

Yeah and that rings even more true with the recent information about his IRS troubles coming to light.

voodoochile
11-11-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Yeah and that rings even more true with the recent information about his IRS troubles coming to light.

You get a CHANCE to break the bank AND you NEED to break the bank, you should break the bank...

hold2dibber
11-11-2002, 09:17 AM
I also get the sense that Baker has a huge ego and thinks he can win anywhere, period.

FarWestChicago
11-11-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I also get the sense that Baker has a huge ego and thinks he can win anywhere, period. He does not take criticism well at all. If somebody says a thousand good things about him and questions one silly move, he's liable to never talk to that person again. He couldn't handle the mellow Bay Area media that was very supportive of him in general. It's a good thing he's going to the Flubbies where he will be worshiped.

:moron

He's no Sammy. But, we'll take him!! BTW, Dusty, did I tell you about how I saved baseball by keeping Sammy in Chicago?

duke of dorwood
11-11-2002, 01:39 PM
Past history dictates he'll blow the $ anyway. Clearly a case of greed. They can have him.