PDA

View Full Version : "Godzilla" Headed To Yanks

Lip Man 1
11-08-2002, 08:59 PM
Now we know why George is dropping the employee dental plan...

The Sporting News Radio Network reported tonight the Yankees have reached a tentative deal with Japanese sensation Hideki "Godzilla" Matsui.

2 years , 24 million bucks!!!!!

The contract will be announced next week.

He slammed 50 home runs last year in Japan.

Anybody out there STILL want to argue how the new labor agreement is going to stop the Yankees (and other big spenders)
while making it easier for teams led by cheap, incompetent owners (like the Sox) to actually win something? (This coming on the heels of Peter Gammons reporting the Royals are going to CUT payroll even though they'll be getting revenue sharing money...)

The Sox couldn't win a pennent if they were the only team in the league! We're toast until Uncle Jerry is (toast).

Lip
Lip

MarkEdward
11-09-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Now we know why George is dropping the employee dental plan...

The Sporting News Radio Network reported tonight the Yankees have reached a tentative deal with Japanese sensation Hideki "Godzilla" Matsui.

Wow, Sporting News Radio. That's a heck of a source. Seriously, Matsui plays shortstop. Are they just going to move Jeter to the bench?

Jjav829
11-09-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Wow, Sporting News Radio. That's a heck of a source. Seriously, Matsui plays shortstop. Are they just going to move Jeter to the bench?

Regardless of the source, it will happen. No one else who can afford him has shown an interest. Hideki Matsui is an outfielder. Your thinking of Kaz Matsui who is the shortstop.

Paulwny
11-09-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Regardless of the source, it will happen. No one else who can afford him has shown an interest.

Giambi is already in Matsui's ear during this series, extolling the yankmee pin stripes.

Paulwny
11-09-2002, 02:11 PM
Matsui:"I honestly and truthfully haven't made up my mind yet," he said Saturday. "And I haven't spoken to anyone."

http://www.canoe.ca/Slam021109/mlb_mats-ap.html

MarkEdward
11-09-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Regardless of the source, it will happen. No one else who can afford him has shown an interest. Hideki Matsui is an outfielder. Your thinking of Kaz Matsui who is the shortstop.

Yes, I was thinking of Kaz. Anyway, the two sources reporting the signing is Sporting News Radio and New York Post. I wouldn't cal that very credible.

cornball
11-09-2002, 08:37 PM
It is reported on several other sites as well of him going to the yanks.......but "as a pipe dream" if he is what they say he is, he would look good for us. A left handed, center fielder....this is what KW has been searching for ....(ie Erstad, Giles, finally Lofton)

It will never happen...but was hoping it would to get Kas the shortstop who is expecting to come to the states next year.