PDA

View Full Version : Neagle wants out of CO; Chicago is on his list

yyz
11-08-2002, 12:30 PM
Neagle wants out of Colorado (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news/ap/20021108/ap-rockies-neagle.html)

November 8, 2002

DENVER (AP) -- Denny Neagle wants the Colorado Rockies to trade him. ``They need payroll flexibility, and I want to go to a place where I am more appreciated,'' he was quoted as saying in Friday's editions of The Denver Post. ``I know that I haven't lived up to my end of the bargain. But honestly, it hasn't worked out here for either of us, and it would be best for both parties if this marriage ended.''

Neagle said he would consider restructuring his contract through deferrals, if he gets sent to a desirable location. He prefers Chicago, New York or a city on the West Coast.

This is a pile of dog mess just waiting for Kenny Williams to step in it.

MrX
11-08-2002, 12:54 PM
Neagle is owed $37 million during the remainder of his $51 million, five-year contract. His deal calls for $9 million salaries in each of the next two seasons, $10 million in 2005 and gives the team a $12.5 million option for 2006 with a $9 million buyout.

We know it won't be this Chicago team he'll be coming to. This is one case where JR's cheapness is a good thing since Neagle seems like a someone KW would be interested in. He hasn't pitched well over a full season since 97.

FanOf14
11-08-2002, 01:10 PM
Was Neagle referring to the Sox or the Cubs? In 2000 he said he had no desire to play for the Sox. He seems washed up anyways, so i hope it is the Scrubs he was talking about.

OneDog
11-08-2002, 02:10 PM
Any time a free agent says he wants to play in Chicago he means for the cubs. They have all been brainwashed, along with the rest of the country, into thinking that Wrigley is some fairy tale place to play ball. When in fact it is a run down, urine soaked dump. But, I guess no one ever accused ballplayers of being intelligent.

Lip Man 1
11-08-2002, 07:48 PM
The Tribune reported that Neagle was talking about the Cubs in the story.

Free Agents don't come to the Sox because of the owners arrogance, vindictiveness, refusal to spend any money and more then likely because they have been told by Sox players (both former and current) what a bad situation this is.

You want free agents...better get a new owner.

Lip

RedPinStripes
11-09-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
The Tribune reported that Neagle was talking about the Cubs in the story.

Free Agents don't come to the Sox because of the owners arrogance, vindictiveness, refusal to spend any money and more then likely because they have been told by Sox players (both former and current) what a bad situation this is.

You want free agents...better get a new owner.

Lip

Hampton is one of the few pitcher that can hit. I doubt he want to go to the AL. why the hell would he come here for 2 mill anyway? That's about all he'll get.

rmusacch
11-10-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Hampton is one of the few pitcher that can hit. I doubt he want to go to the AL. why the hell would he come here for 2 mill anyway? That's about all he'll get.

Huh? He has a guaranteed contract that has several years left at many millions.