PDA

View Full Version : Ligue's kid in juvey court

Cheryl
11-07-2002, 06:20 PM
From the Trib, just a few quotes from the story:

he 15-year-old youth apologized, and first-base coach Tom Gamboa forgave him and recommended that Cook County Juvenile Court Judge Paul Stralka sentence the teen to probation, counseling and community service. The boy's pre-sentencing hearing continues Friday.

Nice guy, Gamboa.

Separately, in an adult courtroom in the Cook County Criminal Courts building on the Southwest Side, a judge today reduced the bond of the youth's father, William Ligue Jr., to $10,000 from $200,000.

I hope no one pays his bail . Here's why:

The boy's probation officer also testified on the boy's behalf today, saying the father had great influence over his son.

Carolina Araiza said Ligue repeatedly pushed his son to drink alcohol and challenged him not to cry by putting hot cigarettes against his arm. The night of the attack, Araiza said, the father was drunk, on Valium and repeatedly questioning his son's loyalty, saying, "Are you my son? Would you do anything for me?"

So he should rot in jail some more. IMO.

Ligue's relatives told the court they had enough money to meet the 10 percent requirement, $1,000 cash on the reduced $10,000 bond, to bail out the defendant. Family members refused to talk to reporters after the hearing.

NO!! Don't do it. But good for you, not talking to reporters.

duke of dorwood
11-08-2002, 09:17 AM
Now we know what happened to John Bender when he grew up.