PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with sections 121-143?


npdempse
11-07-2002, 11:53 AM
Sorry if there's a painfully obvious answer to this question that I just don't know, but can anybody tell me what the deal is with sections 121-143?

I can never buy tix there before games, but if I buy on the day of game, that's usually where we end up. I always assumed these were mostly seats for season tix holders, but I just got the info on season tix, and found out you can't buy them for these sections.

What's the deal? Are these all corporate season tix that they just open up on day of game or something?

TIA,
NPD

voodoochile
11-07-2002, 11:57 AM
Those are the seats between the dugouts and most of them have been sold as part of long standing season ticket holders. There are also some seats set aside for team use (umpire tickets are located there). Often people will release their seats if they cannot make it and the ballclub will resell them - at least as I understand it. Which would explain why you cannot buy them in advance, but can day of game when they become available.

kruzer31
11-07-2002, 01:07 PM
I tried buying 5 partial season tickets in sections 160 or 161 because some of my relatives have seats there. They told me there are none available. That is a farce if I ever heard one. I told them sorry, but you just lost 5 new season ticket holders.


JEFF

steff
11-07-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Those are the seats between the dugouts and most of them have been sold as part of long standing season ticket holders. There are also some seats set aside for team use (umpire tickets are located there). Often people will release their seats if they cannot make it and the ballclub will resell them - at least as I understand it. Which would explain why you cannot buy them in advance, but can day of game when they become available.

The Friends & Family section is also there.
Usually there's a small groups of kids at every home game in the last 3 or 4 rows of the 140's from the YMCA or something, but the seats behind and between the dugouts are general season ticket holders.

Originally posted by kruzer31 I tried buying 5 partial season tickets in sections 160 or 161 because some of my relatives have seats there. They told me there are none available. That is a farce if I ever heard one. I told them sorry, but you just lost 5 new season ticket holders.

Guess there was just no way possible that there simply aren't any avaliable there..? Most of them are season ticket holders. And people have been putting in deposits since the AS Break last year for new packages. Maybe ask your relatives how long they've had their seats? They could have gotten lucky and someone cancelled just as they were buying? It's either that or they've had them a while.

Why must everything be turned into the Sox trying to screw the fans... ? :?: You think they don't want to take your money..? Seriously, think about it.

voodoochile
11-07-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
Guess there was just no way possible that there simply aren't any avaliable there..? Most of them are season ticket holders. And people have been putting in deposits since the AS Break last year for new packages. Maybe ask your relatives how long they've had their seats? They could have gotten lucky and someone cancelled just as they were buying? It's either that or they've had them a while.

Why must everything be turned into the Sox trying to screw the fans... ? :?: You think they don't want to take your money..? Seriously, think about it.

Not only that, but you can always do the Comiskey Upgrade and go sit near your relatives when you can. Not like those seats are always packed. You should be able to sit near them more times than not, imo.

steff
11-07-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Not only that, but you can always do the Comiskey Upgrade and go sit near your relatives when you can. Not like those seats are always packed. You should be able to sit near them more times than not, imo.

Right Voodoo. Luckily our season seats rock :D: and we don't have to upgrade, but I do know a lot of people that have done it.

Lip Man 1
11-07-2002, 07:43 PM
Steff asks:

"Why must everything be turned into the Sox trying to screw the fans... ?"

Maybe because they've done it so often in the past????? (You know if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, maybe it IS a duck...)

Lip

MarqSox
11-07-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by steff3603

Guess there was just no way possible that there simply aren't any avaliable there..? Most of them are season ticket holders.

That's true, there is no way possible there were none there. That's the bleacher section, and as a former Sox ticket agent, I can tell you that those sections had almost zero season ticket packages sold for it as of 2 years ago. Obviously, they have more season ticket holders now, but there's no way those sections are entirely sold.

steff
11-08-2002, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
That's true, there is no way possible there were none there. That's the bleacher section, and as a former Sox ticket agent, I can tell you that those sections had almost zero season ticket packages sold for it as of 2 years ago. Obviously, they have more season ticket holders now, but there's no way those sections are entirely sold.

Sorry MarqSox, but that is not the bleacher sections. It's the sections between 3rd and 1st behind home plate....


To be clear.. I am talking about sections 123 to 143, not 160 & 161 in my post above. MarqSox, obviously that is what you are referring to, my apologies. I got mixed up in my initial post.
Second.. I emailed our ticket guy and was told that there are not a lot of bleacher seats left. Most of the packages they offered out there had deposits on them before the season was over.
They do not sell all of the seats as season packages.

steff
11-08-2002, 10:24 AM
Additionally...

No new packages are being released until after the 15 of November which is when the current season ticket holders must have their deposits in. Try calling back after the 15th. Some people might be moving to other locations which might open up some packages. Two guys in my office went in on a package and they wanted right field out by where our seats are and they could not be guaranteed until the current holders confirmed or denied their seats for next year.