PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Sosa Allies in the Media?

Viva Magglio
11-07-2002, 11:18 AM
Dan Bernstein and Terry Boers have been laying groundwork for an anti-Sosa campaign on their show. It's looks like Sham-ME is becoming their baseball version of M. Jeff.

cheeses_h_rice
11-07-2002, 12:37 PM
More details, please. I don't really know what was up with them and Jordan...

Cheryl
11-07-2002, 12:48 PM
Oh great. So these sports talk guys are probably figuring, superstar on the downside of his career, it's time to turn on him and torture him until he leaves town and ends up on some little indie team somewhere. It's sad, really.

Okay, so it's not.

Viva Magglio
11-07-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

They are making reference to Sosa's Salsa music playing and disrespect for managerial authority.

cheeses_h_rice
11-07-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
They are making reference to Sosa's Salsa music playing and disrespect for managerial authority.

Welcome to 1998.

Jerry_Manuel
11-07-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

They don't think Jordan should be playing anymore. Basically they think he's playing to go the after game activites with the hotel skanks.

As for why their on Sosa, Barry Rozner wrote an article in the Herald saying that the Cubs clubhouse is the worst in baseball because of Sosa. With quotes from a Giants player, who I assume was ex-cub Bill Mueller. Talked about how Baylor tried to control Sosa, and was shouted down by the Trib brass. Basically let him do what he wants since he is their cash cow.

MarkEdward
11-07-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

As for why their on Sosa, Barry Rozner wrote an article in the Herald saying that the Cubs clubhouse is the worst in baseball because of Sosa. With quotes from a Giants player, who I assume was ex-cub Bill Mueller. Talked about how Baylor tried to control Sosa, and was shouted down by the Trib brass. Basically let him do what he wants since he is their cash cow.

Is Rozner trying to spin the story so that firing Baylor was a bad thing for the Cubs? I'd take Sosa over Baylor any day.

guillen4life13
11-07-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Is Rozner trying to spin the story so that firing Baylor was a bad thing for the Cubs? I'd take Sosa over Baylor any day.

honestly i think don baylor was a good manager who became the scapegoat of a losing team because of the clubhouse atmosphere senor sham-ME brought.

DVG
11-07-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
They don't think Jordan should be playing anymore. Basically they think he's playing to go the after game activites with the hotel skanks.

:moron

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU WILL BURN!!!!!! ALL YOU SCUM SOX FANS WILL PAY FOR
YOUR BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY SAMMY IS JUST WHAT
HUMANKIND NEEDS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE KNOWS
THAT THE ANTICHRIST FRANK THOMAS IS THE WORST INHUMAN
MORAL DEGENERATE EVER TO BE BORN OF WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'M THISCLOSE TO RUNNING HIM OUT OF MY SAMMY'S TOWN
FOREVER!!!!!!!!!! JUST YOU WAIT!!!! BY THE WAY, ARE ANY OF
YOU SCUM SOX FANS PLANNING TO BETRAY MY SAMMY WITH A
KISS?????????

Lip Man 1
11-07-2002, 11:34 PM
DVG:

Take some prozac and settle down. You'll be fine in the morning, or at least until the Cubs hire Dusty Baker.

Lip

DVG
11-08-2002, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
DVG:

Take some prozac and settle down. You'll be fine in the morning, or at least until the Cubs hire Dusty Baker.

Lip

I may not like Mariotti, but I never wished him dead the way you did with your blood oath archenemy Jerry Reinsdorf. I am also
sure that you as a journalist know the meaning of the word
"sarcasm." You use it a lot when you write about your sworn
blood oath archenemy Reinsdorf, anyway.

Vsahajpal
11-08-2002, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by MarkEdward

Amen.

Jerry, it couldn't have been Mueller as he joined the team in 2001. The Baylor/Sosa incident was a year prior. That would leave Tim Worrell, or else Rozner's full of crap (which isn't much of a stretch).

Jerry_Manuel
11-08-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Jerry, it couldn't have been Mueller as he joined the team in 2001. The Baylor/Sosa incident was a year prior. That would leave Tim Worrell, or else Rozner's full of crap (which isn't much of a stretch).

Good call.

Well either way I don't care.