PDA

View Full Version : I feel guilty...

voodoochile
08-11-2001, 02:41 AM
Of course the pain of missing that ending is payback enough. You see, I turned off the TV after Edgar's slam...

I guess I'll have to stop watching the games if this keeps up... WOW!!!

6.5 And Rising...

Nellie_Fox
08-11-2001, 02:43 AM
C'mon Voodoochile. Part of being a Sox fan is the suffering. You can't turn off the TV until the last dog is hung.

danman31
08-11-2001, 02:45 AM
6.5 And Rising...

Don't you mean 6.5 and falling...?

voodoochile
08-11-2001, 02:46 AM
You're right as usual, Nellie... That's why I came clean...I need to have my face rubbed in it...

I bet Daver says this next line a lot...

"No, Voodoo... BAD VOODOO!!!"

voodoochile
08-11-2001, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by danman31

Don't you mean 6.5 and falling...?

No... the number may be falling, but we are rising, unless you meant they are falling to us, which is closer to the truth and something I've been saying for a while. We don't need to be spectacular, neither Cleveland or Minnesota is...

When's the last time the Sox were within 6.5?

Daver
08-11-2001, 02:50 AM
LOL VC,actually Voodoo is a pretty smart pup,but then again look at the bloodline,Chopper was the best I have ever seen.

doublem23
08-11-2001, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
No... the number may be falling, but we are rising, unless you meant they are falling to us, which is closer to the truth and something I've been saying for a while. We don't need to be spectacular, neither Cleveland or Minnesota is...

Does someone wanna explain this in 2 AM lingo, cuz this explanation went straight over my head. schwoop!

FarWestChicago
08-11-2001, 02:53 AM
Of course the pain of missing that ending is payback enough. You see, I turned off the TV after Edgar's slam...

OMG, VC, you and I go way back. I'm not going to chastise, but....

voodoochile
08-11-2001, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

OMG, VC, you and I go way back. I'm not going to chastise, but....

Go ahead, I deserve it, who'd a thunk it... It will be a while before I do that again...

Voodoo hangs head in shame...

If I was a WSI personality, I should have to give the title up...

SOX WIN!!! SOX WIN!!! :)

That was my shameless attempt to get all of you to forget what a lowlife I am...

Bmr31
08-11-2001, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
C'mon Voodoochile. Part of being a Sox fan is the suffering. You can't turn off the TV until the last dog is hung.

im as real of a sox fan as you get and i turn off the tv all the time. sometimes it just hurts too much!

danman31
08-11-2001, 03:00 AM

Well said. We have got to get within less than 5. I think that its imminent. How could we not the way Cleveland and Minnesota have been playing. My fear is when Guzman and Radke come back that Minnesota might get going again. But according to reports that won't be happening too soon. If we won the division this year it would be soooo much sweeter than last year's division because everybody was saying Minnesota vs Cleveland as the tight race and not even bat an eye at us. We could just sneak up on them and win it. Ahhh, I can really be optimistic when I want can't I?

FarWestChicago
08-11-2001, 03:01 AM
VC, the hell with the negative. It was incredible. Ray wusses out like we all knew he would. Then Manos somehow gets the damn ball past Ichhi, but it goes over the fence. We're snakebit. Then Maggs says F**** that damn snake. It was amazing.

Nellie_Fox
08-11-2001, 03:05 AM
Update from here in the Great White North. The Minnesota press is talking like Guzman won't be back for quite a while yet. Radke, I don't know.

doublem23
08-11-2001, 03:07 AM
Yeah, when that ball bounced over the wall, I though, God dammit. Can we get one freakin' break this entire year?

I remember being at that game against the Orioles, Cal's last game, and coincidentally, Magglio bobble-head day, when Liefer got robbed of an RBI because that kid.

Then I realized it bounced over the wall because Manos hits the ball REAL hard.

And the Magglio's hit caused me to wake my entire neighborhood.

voodoochile
08-11-2001, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Then Manos somehow gets the damn ball past Ichhi, but it goes over the fence. We're snakebit. Then Maggs says F**** that damn snake. It was amazing.

I have no IDEA what that means, but it sounds great... (more of that confusing 2AM lingo)

:)

You a little pumped up their FWC? Got to love these types of wins...

FarWestChicago
08-11-2001, 03:14 AM

Ray had a horrible at bat with the sacks packed. He took strike three right down the middle, mid thigh high. Then he argued like an idiot. Manos comes up with two outs. He has been getting heavily dissed here lately for not hitting a 5 run homer every time he comes up with the game on the line. I thought he would get ripped again after Manuel's horrible managing and Ray's lackluster performance. But, being Manos, he hit a ground rule double off Sasaki. Then Maggs sealed the deal.

doublem23
08-11-2001, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

I think its easier for the members of the Pacific time zone to be pumped, seeing as the game ended around 1030ish. Its only now midnight, yet here, its 2 AM.

Being that California Giant fan helps yet again, FWC!

:)

Kilroy
08-11-2001, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by danman31
If we won the division this year it would be soooo much sweeter than last year's division because everybody was saying Minnesota vs Cleveland as the tight race and not even bat an eye at us. We could just sneak up on them and win it. Ahhh, I can really be optimistic when I want can't I?

Hey, the division isn't lost for the Sox yet. It surprises me how many people have given them up for dead already. All they need to do is get on a little roll, and this thing could get very, very tight. With a little help, the Sox could slip right on by.

harwar
08-11-2001, 09:30 AM
I was in a bar and after C.Lee popped out in the 9th,i told the barkeep to change the channel.I was the only one watching and i didn't want to see the inevitable.I didn't find out what happened till just a couple of minutes ago and I CAN'T F#CKING BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I watch every dam minute of every game and just when i say i've had enough and don't watch,the Sox come back from hell itself and win.I wish i was dead.I hope to find someone around here who might have been taping the game.I've given up hope lately and i'm not sure i can take another letdown so i've decided to stay drunk for the next 2 games,then it won't hurt so bad if they don't win. languishing in wisconsin

MarqSox
08-11-2001, 11:20 AM
Did anyone else's heart just sink when Ichiro put up his mitt right before Valentin's double hit the ground? Oh man, If you look at the replays, the ball disappears just behind his glove for a split second. I thought he caught it... tears began to well up, but then I saw it hit the ground and I just screamed! Awesome game!

:winner

doublem23
08-11-2001, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Did anyone else's heart just sink when Ichiro put up his mitt right before Valentin's double hit the ground? Oh man, If you look at the replays, the ball disappears just behind his glove for a split second. I thought he caught it... tears began to well up, but then I saw it hit the ground and I just screamed! Awesome game!

Man, when I saw Ichiro busting out there for Valentin's double, my heart stopped, and when he threw his glove out, your right, it looked like he might of caught it.

I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv being a Sox fan.

Pin Wheels
08-11-2001, 01:17 PM
Man, with Ichior's speed, I thought he did get it.

danman31
08-11-2001, 01:30 PM
I was thinking, 'oh man not again. Ichiro better not catch that.' That was the same feeling I got every time a deep fly ball to CF was by Lofton. Lofton made the catches so I thought Ichiro would. BUT HE DIDNT!!!!