PDA

View Full Version : Asking for trouble?

duke of dorwood
11-06-2002, 09:40 AM
Or did we blow another one?

Newly signed to a two-year, $5.5 million contract, Alan Embree yesterday planned to prepare to become a rarity in Red Sox history: an accomplished lefthanded closer.

The Sox, who met a crucial postseason need by signing Embree before he hit the open market, stopped short of anointing the eight-year veteran their closer. And the lefthander, who emerged as the team's most effective reliever last year with a fastball that reached 99 miles an hour, made clear he would fill any role the Sox requested.

:embree

Fooled 'em

bc2k
11-06-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Or did we blow another one?

Newly signed to a two-year, $5.5 million contract, Alan Embree yesterday planned to prepare to become a rarity in Red Sox history: an accomplished lefthanded closer.

The Sox, who met a crucial postseason need by signing Embree before he hit the open market, stopped short of anointing the eight-year veteran their closer. And the lefthander, who emerged as the team's most effective reliever last year with a fastball that reached 99 miles an hour, made clear he would fill any role the Sox requested.

:embree

Fooled 'em

I don't follow the Red Sox, so is it true Embree was their most effective reliever? ***? Was this Nardi's fault? Will Nardi ever get another major league job?

duke of dorwood
11-06-2002, 03:53 PM
All I know is he threw harder than anyone we had-just had no movement-came straight in on a tee. Would think a pitching coach could do something with a good arm.

:nardi

Dont confuse me with a pitching coach. I only deal in bad arms

MarkEdward
11-06-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
I don't follow the Red Sox, so is it true Embree was their most effective reliever? ***? Was this Nardi's fault? Will Nardi ever get another major league job?

He was effective with the Padres, not so much with the Red Sox.