PDA

View Full Version : Ken Rosenthal

Daver
11-05-2002, 05:37 PM
Agrees with me on this years free agent market being rather bleak,though I don't know that it will be as bleak as the picture he paints. (http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/ken_rosenthal/20021104.html)

hold2dibber
11-07-2002, 08:48 AM
From the Sox' perspective, this free agent market is dismal because the Sox' two most pressing needs (a top of the rotation starter and a CF) (this assumes Frank stays - if he leaves, there's a gaping hole at DH as well) are unlikely to be solved by any available free agent. The only guys I see as top of the rotation starters are Glavine, Maddux and Moyer, and they're all really old and likely to be really expensive (I personally think Omar Daal may have a few really good years ahead of him, but that's certainly not a sure thing). Steve Finley is the only decent CF and he is ancient. That suggests that if the Sox are going to make any significant improvement in these areas this off season, it would have to be via trade. And that scares me, because of KW's penchant for trading young talent for old guys who suck and cost a lot of money. I don't know what worries me more - the thought of KW wheeling and dealing, or the thought of the Sox standing pat during the off season.