PDA

View Full Version : Moronotti on ESPN...

Tragg
11-04-2002, 11:49 PM
that new show with the boxing guy Max. The Moron scowled the whole time, offered little inisight. Just a bore.
Not surpsing really, but it was my first time seeing or hearing him live.

Jjav829
11-05-2002, 12:28 AM
Personally, I liked the show. It'll probably get old after a while, but for now I will watch it.

Lip Man 1
11-05-2002, 02:14 AM
I didn't care for the show....just five guys screaming at one another. If I wanted that, I'd watch "Crossfire" on CNN.

And the host was the epitomy of the obnoxious, arrogant, know it all. New Yorker.

I will tune in come spring training once and awhile though, just to see Mariotti rip apart his "good friend" Jerry Reinsdorf.

Lip

DVG
11-05-2002, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I didn't care for the show....just five guys screaming at one another. If I wanted that, I'd watch "Crossfire" on CNN.

And the host was the epitomy of the obnoxious, arrogant, know it all. New Yorker.

I will tune in come spring training once and awhile though, just to see Mariotti rip apart his "good friend" Jerry Reinsdorf.

Lip

In any showdown between Mariotti and his blood oath archenemies Frank Thomas or Jerry Reinsdorf, I root for
the blood oath archenemies.

doublem23
11-05-2002, 10:19 AM
Well it shows you how bad Chicago sports media is when a dumbass like Moronotti can be considered an expert.

cheeses_h_rice
11-05-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Well it shows you how bad Chicago sports media is when a dumbass like Moronotti can be considered an expert.

:moron

When it comes to licking Sham-ME's bunions, I'm da man!

voodoochile
11-05-2002, 01:01 PM

They don't want an expert from the sound of things. They want someone who will represent Chicgao media - at least to the people who watch - and will theoretically turn up the rhetoric and get into some good arguments while giving the people they are commenting on a good shot now and then. Knowledge has little to do with the selection, merely the ability to generate controversy and garner ratings, ala Jim Rome, who made his career by goading Steve Young into attacking him. God I hate what sports journalism has become...

cheeses_h_rice
11-05-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
They don't want an expert from the sound of things. They want someone who will represent Chicgao media - at least to the people who watch - and will theoretically turn up the rhetoric and get into some good arguments while giving the people they are commenting on a good shot now and then. Knowledge has little to do with the selection, merely the ability to generate controversy and garner ratings, ala Jim Rome, who made his career by goading Steve Young into attacking him. God I hate what sports journalism has become...

Uh...Jim Everett, you mean?

Chisox353014
11-05-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Did Steve Young attack him too? I thought it was Jim Everett that went after him after he kept calling him "Chris". Any way you slice it, Rome is an idiot. I agree with you about sports journalism in general. The last sports talk show I could stand watching (or listening to) was "The Sportswriters on TV". Give me a half-senile Ben Bentley talking about Man 'O War or Joe Louis over "Pardon The Interuption" any day. :D:

voodoochile
11-05-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Uh...Jim Everett, you mean?

Originally posted by Chisox353014

Did Steve Young attack him too? I thought it was Jim Everett that went after him after he kept calling him "Chris". Any way you slice it, Rome is an idiot. I agree with you about sports journalism in general. The last sports talk show I could stand watching (or listening to) was "The Sportswriters on TV". Give me a half-senile Ben Bentley talking about Man 'O War or Joe Louis over "Pardon The Interuption" any day. :D:

Yeah, it was Everett. Just another example of a VC brain fart. That whole calling him "Chris" thing doesn't work so well as an insult when it is Steve Young...

At least the sentiment was correct... sigh...

TSWOTV was a great show. Man, I could watch that thing over and over again. The men were knowlegeable and didn't throw insults around just to get a rise. Great stuff...

MrX
11-05-2002, 05:21 PM
The moron was on there again today. One of the questions was if you could blow up any stadium in sports which one would it be? I bet you can all guess what stadium he picked.

I'll bring the explosives and the blueprints of Comiskey

ozzman
11-05-2002, 05:22 PM
moronotti is a complete retard. on the show today they had a topic, stadiums you most would like to implode. of course moronotti said comiskey park. his quote was something like "with all of the new stadiums in baseball, one clearly stands out as the worst, comiskey park in chicago. yeah, definitely comiskey park"

cheeses_h_rice
11-05-2002, 05:45 PM
Yeah, Olympic Stadium and the Vet have nothin' on Comiskey...

Lip Man 1
11-05-2002, 06:56 PM
Compared to the stadiums in Baltimore, Cleveland, Texas, Denver, Detroit, Cincinnati (next year), Atlanta, Philadelphia (2004) and Pittsburgh it SHOULD be blown up.

I think that was Mariotti's point. Compared to all the other "new" stadiums built since 1990 it is the worst.

Lip

doublem23
11-05-2002, 10:33 PM
Why? Because its not cute and cuddly? Screw that ****. Or maybe that "steep" upper deck is so unnattractive? Ever been to Camden Yards, where, if its not worse, its just as bad?

Moronotti just loves to rip on the Sox. Maybe he gets a woody doing so... who knows? Either way, he's a moron and don't even waste my time wiping my ass with his brainless ramblings, let alone read them.

I'm stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid.

Daver
11-05-2002, 10:35 PM

I'm stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid.

:fluffy

MM I take that as a personal insult.

Lip Man 1
11-05-2002, 10:48 PM
Double:

How do you REALLY feel? LOL

You're going to love it when I interview Jay for WSI, I'll be sure to try to get your point of view across to him.

Lip

FarWestChicago
11-06-2002, 01:19 AM
You're going to love it when I interview Jay for WSI, I'll be sure to try to get your point of view across to him.

Lip It would be a real shame if I had problems keeping the server running that day. :o:

longshot7
11-06-2002, 02:57 AM
what's the show called and who else was on it?

RichH55
11-06-2002, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by longshot7
what's the show called and who else was on it?

Around the Horn....sportswriters from all around the country....Moron was from Chicago, a guy who took it as a joke from Denver, a guy from Dallas who seemed like he was trying to be a badass ala Hunter Thompson and Bob Ryan from Boston. Having Bob Ryan on the same show as the moron pretty much runs the gamut of sportswriting talent

Iwritecode
11-06-2002, 10:49 AM
Compared to the stadiums in Baltimore, Cleveland, Texas, Denver, Detroit, Cincinnati (next year), Atlanta, Philadelphia (2004) and Pittsburgh it SHOULD be blown up.

I think that was Mariotti's point. Compared to all the other "new" stadiums built since 1990 it is the worst.

Lip

I don't think the question was "Out of all the stadium's built since 1990, which one would you like to blow up?" He just twisted it to be that way. Personally, I'd blow up the roller-dome. Wrigley would come in a close second but the neighborhood would have a heck of a time getting that beer and urine smell out for years...