PDA

View Full Version : 83' question...just curious

mike squires
11-04-2002, 10:26 PM
who is that in the background holding the bat up in the air as julio cruz...or julio damn foolio (as my dad used to call him) jumped on the plate. i always thought it was dave stegman. anybody know for certain?

Lip Man 1
11-04-2002, 10:54 PM
It was #23 NYLS NYMAN , a reserve outfielder who was closest to home plate when Cruz jumped on it. I just watched the video to make sure.

Dave Stegman wore #8 in his brief stint with the Sox.

Lip

mike squires
11-05-2002, 09:03 AM
lip~~you've got to be kidding me? you've got the video?!! i've been trying to find that for years. do you have the entire game or just a snippet? would you happen to have any of the playoff games against the orioles? specifically burns' almost masterpiece. i'd be willing to pay you for these. thanks, michael penny

Lip Man 1
11-05-2002, 11:26 AM
I have the 9th inning of the division clinching game in September 1983 (silent) as well as the entire post game celebrations and interviews.

I have Game #1 of the 1983 ALCS (Sox 2 O's 1) on both video (TV) and audio (radio)

I also have approximately 60 individual game highlights during the 1983 season (When I did my interview with Vance Law for WSI, I made copies and sent those to him since he didn't have anything from that season. His five kids never saw him play and I felt I owed him something considering he gave a few hours of his time to be interviewed.)

I'll have to think about doing copies for money, first off it's against the law.

George Bova (Pale Hose George) has been considering using a bunch of the audio cuts that I have already sent him as part of a special section at WSI. You might want to contact him to see what his plans are (you might be able to copy them off your computer.)

Lip

Lip

nixsox
11-05-2002, 12:53 PM
I am also interested in those and any other old Sox games on video or audio. If you have any other information please e-mail me from the info on my profile. Thanks. Nick

mike squires
11-05-2002, 02:31 PM
all right lip man~~ we's gots to talk!!! if you feel uncomfortable doing it for money maybe we could talk a trade? i've got baines' autograph on several cards, i've got an SI cover of greg luzinski "82, large collecton of cards...TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT. shoot we could always make a swap (money or trade) during a game this season...whatever!!! you can say i'm a bit obsessive compulsive about the '83 season. that was the year that i fell in love with the sox and really remember things. i was 10. and i'm an honest man. i work at a residential treatment facility for crying out loud. my e-mail is mikeang@aol.com thank you for your time. i'm interested in ALL the footage. i'll pay shipping and handling, everything.

nixsox
11-05-2002, 07:11 PM
Same here, maybe we can work something out. My e-mail is nicholas.lord@attbi.com

RichH55
11-06-2002, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by nixsox
Same here, maybe we can work something out. My e-mail is nicholas.lord@attbi.com

Willow Springs, IL?!?!?? What the hell are the odds of that? I'm down in Champaign these days, but another person on the board from Willow Springs just boggles the mind

nixsox
11-08-2002, 12:08 AM
Yeah i'm one of the few Sox fans in Willow Springs holding up the fort.