PDA

View Full Version : Aren't we missing the REAL hero?

KempersRS
08-11-2001, 02:09 AM
Wow, as bad as it seems, this is your winning pitcher.
:rocked
"You forgot to thank the winning pitcher"

Bmr31
08-11-2001, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by KempersRS
Wow, as bad as it seems, this is your winning pitcher.
:rocked
"You forgot to thank the winning pitcher"

Im not a fan of his AT ALL, but he pitched very well tonight. THANKS ROCKED!

doublem23
08-11-2001, 02:22 AM
Yeah, he really settled down after Martinez hit that grand slam. That inning could have been a HUGE disaster.

Daver
08-11-2001, 02:40 AM
The Sox will only compound their stupidity if they don't put him on the DL and figure out what is wrong with his shoulder.I know that most here thinks he sucks but he has the stuff to be a good starting pitcher.

voodoochile
08-11-2001, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by daver
The Sox will only compound their stupidity if they don't put him on the DL and figure out what is wrong with his shoulder.I know that most here thinks he sucks but he has the stuff to be a good starting pitcher.

I wish he would get over his fatpitchitis... Case in point the GS tonight. He gets behind 2-0 and grooves a fastball. He has the worst timing with it too. No solo shots for Rocky, no, he gives up 3 and 4 run bombs. If he could give up a 5 spot he would. Actually in fairness the GS may have been for the best, if Martinez doubles the wheels might have come totally off and the M's might have scored 6 or 7.

I agree that he has the stuff to pitch, but you would think Embree and his 96 MPH fastball wouldn't be so bad either. Oh well... I don't think Rocky is as bad as Embree, and I like what he did tonight. Who knows if he will become a good enough pitcher to start regularly in years to come...

If Rocky is hurt, the Sox would be stupid to keep pitching him, but hey, it wouldn't be the first time it's happened to a Sox pitcher this year...

doublem23
08-11-2001, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
If Rocky is hurt, the Sox would be stupid to keep pitching him, but hey, it wouldn't be the first time it's happened to a Sox pitcher this year...

:kelly http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/6012.jpg :osuna
We don't know what your talking about.

Do we realize that there is no longer a tag for Jim Parque? Is that a bandwidth thing again, or do we not like him that much?

KempersRS
08-11-2001, 03:18 AM
Doublem, please, for the love of god, don't post Osuna's picture. Some people just aren't blessed with good looks...

Daver
08-11-2001, 03:20 AM
Maybe you should mention Kelly there too.

KempersRS
08-11-2001, 03:23 AM

Yeah, and Parque ain't lookin so great either. That has to be one of the worst posts by doublem or anyone in a while...

doublem23
08-11-2001, 03:25 AM
Doublem, please, for the love of god, don't post Osuna's picture. Some people just aren't blessed with good looks...
Originally posted by daver

Well, Kelly is not as bad as Osuna.

It does look like he fell from the Ugly Tree and not only hit every branch on the way down, he may have hit a few twice.

And then someone smashed his face with a shovel. A shovel.

You know its bad when Jim Parque is the Prince Handsome of a group.

FarWestChicago
08-11-2001, 03:25 AM
Do we realize that there is no longer a tag for Jim Parque?

There never was a tag for Parque. By the time we had the software to do tags, he was gone from the official picture sites.

doublem23
08-11-2001, 03:26 AM
Yeah, and Parque ain't lookin so great either. That has to be one of the worst posts by doublem or anyone in a while...

Whoa. I can't hep it if these guys are butt-ugly.

doublem23
08-11-2001, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
There never was a tag for Parque. By the time we had the software to do tags, he was gone from the official picture sites.

That's what I get for not showing up until June.

KempersRS
08-11-2001, 03:27 AM
It does look like he fell from the Ugly Tree and not only hit every branch on the way down, he may have hit a few twice.

LMAO!