PDA

View Full Version : Yanks Make Posada available

NewyorkSoxFan
11-02-2002, 04:29 PM
George is trying to trim payroll as they make a run after "Godzilla" the new asian sensation from Japan. Also he wants clemens back to win his 300th game in Yankee pinstripes. With that he might have to let Posada go in order to keep the payroll from going over $130 million.

He has experience, he is a lefthanded stick and could perhaps give our organization some desperate credibility. Of course this is contingient on JR opening his wallet, but I am sure Flaherty would be a better fit at $500,000 and an option.

NYSF

cheeses_h_rice
11-02-2002, 05:04 PM
Any idea how much $$$ Posada would cost the Sox? If it's more than $4M a year, I can't see JM pulling the trigger...

Daver
11-02-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Any idea how much $$$ Posada would cost the Sox? If it's more than $4M a year, I can't see JM pulling the trigger...

Here you go Cheeses,

2002: $4.0M (+$15.0M signing bonus paid over 5 years)
2003: $5.0M
2004: $6.0M
2005: $8.0M
2006: $9.0M
2007: Team option $12.0M or $4.0M buyout

NewyorkSoxFan
11-02-2002, 05:09 PM
Well the Yanks owe him 8 or 9 mill for this last year of his deal. Maybe JR could get George to pick up part of it.

NYSF

Daver
11-02-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by NewyorkSoxFan
Well the Yanks owe him 8 or 9 mill for this last year of his deal. Maybe JR could get George to pick up part of it.

NYSF

He's signed through 2006.

NewyorkSoxFan
11-02-2002, 05:12 PM
I didn't know he had that much left on his deal. No way JR is paying for all that.

NYSF

Paulwny
11-02-2002, 08:28 PM
The yankmees will want a #1 starting pitcher for Posada. I doubt he'll be traded.

Daver
11-02-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
The yankmees will want a #1 starting pitcher for Posada. I doubt he'll be traded.

Look for Posada to go to Colorado in return for Mike Hampton,the Yanks will have to dump some payroll to take on Hampton.

Paulwny
11-02-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by daver
Look for Posada to go to Colorado in return for Mike Hampton,the Yanks will have to dump some payroll to take on Hampton.

From Newsday:

The Rockies have been trying to trade Hampton for a year and haven't come close to pulling it off. There's little doubt that the Rockies would need to pay a substantial portion of the $103.5 million they still owe Hampton.

Moreover, the Rockies would likely have to take on overpaid Yankees such as Raul Mondesi (due $7 million from the Yankees in 2003), Sterling Hitchcock ($6 million) and Rondell White ($5 million). All three players can be free agents after next year.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-yanks022988411nov02,0,1818987.story?coll=ny%2Dbase ball%2Dheadlines

Daver
11-02-2002, 08:40 PM
From Newsday:

The Rockies have been trying to trade Hampton for a year and haven't come close to pulling it off. There's little doubt that the Rockies would need to pay a substantial portion of the $103.5 million they still owe Hampton.

Moreover, the Rockies would likely have to take on overpaid Yankees such as Raul Mondesi (due $7 million from the Yankees in 2003), Sterling Hitchcock ($6 million) and Rondell White ($5 million). All three players can be free agents after next year.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/ny-yanks022988411nov02,0,1818987.story?coll=ny%2Dbase ball%2Dheadlines

The Rockies need a catcher,and the Yanks feel they need another starter,wait and watch.

Paulwny
11-02-2002, 08:56 PM
The Rockies need a catcher,and the Yanks feel they need another starter,wait and watch.

The Posada talk is all hype. The yanmees feel cheated by the press after all the Met headlines in their search for a manager.
Who'll catch for the yankmees?
If the yankmees deal with Texas for Pudge, then it's probable.
Possibility of a 3 way trade, yankmees, Texas, Colorado.

Daver
11-02-2002, 08:57 PM
The Posada talk is all hype. The yanmees feel cheated by the press after all the Met headlines in their search for a manager.
Who'll catch for the yankmees?
If the yankmees deal with Texas for Pudge, then it's probable.
Possibility of a 3 way trade, yankmees, Texas, Colorado.

Pudge retired years ago,and Ivan Rodriguez is a FA.

Paulwny
11-02-2002, 09:07 PM
Pudge retired years ago,and Ivan Rodriguez is a FA.

Yea, our Pudge retired.
I didn't know I- Rod (Texas' Pudge) was a fa.
If he doesn't go to ny, Posada is untouchable.

Daver
11-02-2002, 09:09 PM
Yea, our Pudge retired.
I didn't know I- Rod (Texas' Pudge) was a fa.
If he doesn't go to ny, Posada is untouchable.

I can't bring myself to call Ivan Rodriguez Pudge,I just can't.

Paulwny
11-02-2002, 09:18 PM
I can't bring myself to call Ivan Rodriguez Pudge,I just can't.

Neither can I, but I had a brain freeze and couldn't Remember Rodriguez's first name.
From MSNBC:
“I’m looking to cut payroll and put a championship-caliber team on the field,” general manager Brian Cashman told The Times. “Certainly there are teams that would be interested in stuff. Any opportunity that might present itself, I would listen to, but I’m not looking to trade Jorge Posada, because he’s an All-Star catcher.

Daver
11-02-2002, 09:28 PM
Neither can I, but I had a brain freeze and couldn't Remember Rodriguez's first name.
From MSNBC:
“I’m looking to cut payroll and put a championship-caliber team on the field,” general manager Brian Cashman told The Times. “Certainly there are teams that would be interested in stuff. Any opportunity that might present itself, I would listen to, but I’m not looking to trade Jorge Posada, because he’s an All-Star catcher.

Cashman plays the line well,but Posada is the only big salary on the Yankee roster that does not have a no trade clause in his contract,if he can work out a deal with the Rockies that will bring Hampton to the Yanks with the Rockies picking up part of the contract Posada will be gone.

If anyone thinks George will pay the luxury tax they got another thing coming.

duke of dorwood
11-02-2002, 11:33 PM
:walnuts

I could steal on Posada

NewyorkSoxFan
11-03-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
:walnuts

I could steal on Posada

Who would you rather steal on Posada or Josh Paul?

NYSF :?: