PDA

View Full Version : Soxfest tickets on sale


Iwritecode
11-01-2002, 03:19 PM
As of 10:00 AM today.

From the Trib:
Admission is $30 per person for a weekend pass or $15 per person for a one-day pass. Children under four are free when accompanied by a paying adult.

For fans interested in staying for the weekend, one- and two-night Hyatt Regency Chicago hotel packages are available for $133 and $230, respectively. Those packages include complimentary weekend SoxFest passes and lodging at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. The two-night package also includes four tickets to a 2003 White Sox game and exclusive autograph sessions for hotel guests.

I want to try to get there for at least one day again although the two-night package looks like the best deal. I'm just wondering how many SoxFest passes you get and where the seats are for the Sox games. Hmm, looks like I know what to ask for for Christmas... :D:

jortafan
11-01-2002, 03:46 PM
I must admit that though I consider myself to be a serious Sox fan, I've never actually gone to SoxFest. I probably will do so this time. But what can I expect, is it worth getting the weekend pass, or is it possible to get a good feel for the event in one day? Being in the Chicago area, I don't have to worry about hotel accomodations. Any advice or suggestions any of you could make would be appreciated.

whitesoxwilkes
11-01-2002, 03:54 PM
weekend pass is the way to go if you go all 3 days, you're pretty much guaranteed an autograph from everyone who's signing because of the way they schedule it.

duke of dorwood
11-01-2002, 04:30 PM
It depends on how many autographs you want to stand in line for. Some players only there on 1 day. I'm surprised that the ticket prices didnt get raised here too.

TornLabrum
11-01-2002, 10:05 PM
For fans interested in staying for the weekend, one- and two-night Hyatt Regency Chicago hotel packages are available for $133 and $230, respectively. Those packages include complimentary weekend SoxFest passes and lodging at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. The two-night package also includes four tickets to a 2003 White Sox game and exclusive autograph sessions for hotel guests.

Since the Windy City Sox Fans have a booth at SoxFest, I decided to call in my reservation this evening after I got home from work. I double checked the SoxFest hotline and the Sox website for reservation prices. Both said $133 for one night and $230 for two nights as you quoted.

So I called the Hyatt. I was told that my reservation would be $133 pernight for a total of $266. No one was around to confirm the price the Sox were advertising, so no one knew if incorrect information had been put into the Hyatt's computer.

However, I have to say that my initial reaction is probably that the Sox screwed up this deal, too.

Daver
11-01-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

However, I have to say that my initial reaction is probably that the Sox screwed up this deal, too.

The Sox screw something up? That's unpossible........

LauraJ14
11-02-2002, 12:22 PM
When I called the Hyatt yesterday, the reservation person didn't know anything about Soxfest. I had to tell her the dates, so I made sure to ask if the passes were included. I found it a little surprising that when I asked for the 2 night package that she asked me if that was Feb 1 and 2. So maybe the Hyatt is messed up not the Sox.

TornLabrum
11-02-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by LauraJ14
When I called the Hyatt yesterday, the reservation person didn't know anything about Soxfest. I had to tell her the dates, so I made sure to ask if the passes were included. I found it a little surprising that when I asked for the 2 night package that she asked me if that was Feb 1 and 2. So maybe the Hyatt is messed up not the Sox.

Well, the Sox goofed up on one thing for sure. I called the 800 number given on the "SoxFest Hotline" which turned out to be their national reservations number. I was told that I had to make my reservations through the local hotel.

Iwritecode
11-03-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Since the Windy City Sox Fans have a booth at SoxFest, I decided to call in my reservation this evening after I got home from work. I double checked the SoxFest hotline and the Sox website for reservation prices. Both said $133 for one night and $230 for two nights as you quoted.

So I called the Hyatt. I was told that my reservation would be $133 pernight for a total of $266. No one was around to confirm the price the Sox were advertising, so no one knew if incorrect information had been put into the Hyatt's computer.

However, I have to say that my initial reaction is probably that the Sox screwed up this deal, too.


Originally posted by LauraJ14
When I called the Hyatt yesterday, the reservation person didn't know anything about Soxfest. I had to tell her the dates, so I made sure to ask if the passes were included. I found it a little surprising that when I asked for the 2 night package that she asked me if that was Feb 1 and 2. So maybe the Hyatt is messed up not the Sox.


Originally posted by TornLabrum
Well, the Sox goofed up on one thing for sure. I called the 800 number given on the "SoxFest Hotline" which turned out to be their national reservations number. I was told that I had to make my reservations through the local hotel.


Torn, were you able to still get the package deal allbeit at a higher price? I had the same problem as Laura in the people that I talked to didn't know anything about SoxFest. I was told that I need to call in-house reservations or something like that.

TornLabrum
11-04-2002, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Torn, were you able to still get the package deal allbeit at a higher price? I had the same problem as Laura in the people that I talked to didn't know anything about SoxFest. I was told that I need to call in-house reservations or something like that.

Sounds like you both called the 800 number given on the SoxFest hotline. They're the ones who told me to call the Hyatt Regency Chicago. They also gave me their number which I will now pass along to you: 312-565-1234. However, you might want to wait until after tomorrow. I'm having Jeff (my son) call the Hyatt for me to find out if they had a foul up in their computer or if the Sox were messed up by giving a 2-day rate different from double the one-day rate.

Once I find out, I'll put the info. up here.

RichH55
11-04-2002, 01:07 AM
I know I'm lazy, but what days is Sox Fest this year? Missed it last year, so I'll be more diligent this year

Iwritecode
11-04-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Sounds like you both called the 800 number given on the SoxFest hotline. They're the ones who told me to call the Hyatt Regency Chicago. They also gave me their number which I will now pass along to you: 312-565-1234. However, you might want to wait until after tomorrow. I'm having Jeff (my son) call the Hyatt for me to find out if they had a foul up in their computer or if the Sox were messed up by giving a 2-day rate different from double the one-day rate.

Once I find out, I'll put the info. up here.

Yes, I called the "Soxfest hotline". They ended up giving me the hotel number (the one you posted above) and I called them also. Neither was able to give me any information. I did find an 800 number on the hotel's website (1-800-633-7313). The person I talked to there was able to give me information on the one-night package which includes up to 4 Soxfest weekend passes. I told her the two-night package was supposed to also include 4 tickets to any 2003 White Sox game and she wasn't able to find that. It sounds like they don't have the two-night package in their system for some reason. I was going to call again today but if you are going to post the info then I will wait.

mike squires
11-04-2002, 05:42 PM
i write code---i purchased the hyatt package last year. the seats i got weren't the greatest but not bad either. they were right behind the ondeck circle but in the upperdeck. as bad as the upper deck is the first few rose aren't bad. you are right on top of the action.

for the true sox fan sox fest is awesome...i was wandering back up to my room toward the elevator (the hall was almost deserted) i saw minnie minnoso talking to a fan and then my wife said.."look, wilbur wood is about to get on the elevator. only at soxfest would you have a choice like that to make. i opted for a minnie picture.

TornLabrum
11-04-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Yes, I called the "Soxfest hotline". They ended up giving me the hotel number (the one you posted above) and I called them also. Neither was able to give me any information. I did find an 800 number on the hotel's website (1-800-633-7313). The person I talked to there was able to give me information on the one-night package which includes up to 4 Soxfest weekend passes. I told her the two-night package was supposed to also include 4 tickets to any 2003 White Sox game and she wasn't able to find that. It sounds like they don't have the two-night package in their system for some reason. I was going to call again today but if you are going to post the info then I will wait.

I received an email from the Nicole Arseneaux of the White Sox today, and she said that the Sox were aware of the ticket problem. My son got busy at his job today and was unable to call the hotel, but he promised to do so tomorrow. I'd say if you can call the Hyatt tomorrow, there should be no problem.

Iwritecode
11-05-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I received an email from the Nicole Arseneaux of the White Sox today, and she said that the Sox were aware of the ticket problem. My son got busy at his job today and was unable to call the hotel, but he promised to do so tomorrow. I'd say if you can call the Hyatt tomorrow, there should be no problem.

I called them and they now have the two-night package in their system. I guess someone from the Sox organization must have talked to them. I have to wait until tonight to purchase my tickets because they will be a X-mas present from my parents (which means they are putting in on their credit card), but I will be there!