PDA

View Full Version : Big Hurt left off the all-star game flier

PaleHoseGeorge
11-01-2002, 12:41 PM
Did somebody else already post this news?

Baseball God and one-time all-star Ron Kittle makes it, but Frank doesn't.

Warm and fuzzy personality Carlton Fisk makes it, but Frank doesn't.

This outfit is so screwed up, sometimes it leaves me speechless.

duke of dorwood
11-01-2002, 12:56 PM
Sox mission statement:

Treat 'em like dirt-then use their good name in 10 years-who'll remember?

Translation-Frank Thomas bobble head day in 2012.

jortafan
11-01-2002, 02:41 PM
So how long until after he leaves will it take the Sox to retire No. 35? You have to admit it would be current management's style to let him go, then make a big production out of retiring the uniform number even though Thomas was probably helping some other team, not the Sox, gain a playoff spot. I guess this means Frank is destined to be the next Harold Baines. Maybe they'll bring him back in 2008.

cheeses_h_rice
11-01-2002, 05:40 PM
:KW

I told that b*tch in our promotions department that if that fat motherf***er was anywhere on our All-Star brochure, she'd best be looking for a new f***ing job!

RKMeibalane
11-01-2002, 10:29 PM
The Sox organization is absolutely clueless when it comes to doing anything related to public relations and/or reaching the fan base. They just don't get it.

Frank Thomas has been the Sox best and most marketable player for more than a decade, yet no one has the courtesy or the better judgement to include him in a simple AS Game handout. I guess one could argue that the PR staff is preparing for the possible departure of the Big Hurt, but what they fail to realize is that is it these types of incidents that will drive Thomas out of town. If he feels he is no longer welcome, he will leave.

If that happens, JR will blame the fans (again), and the Sox will start Jeff Liefer at DH next season, with the occasional appearance of Lee at DH, so Willie Harris can play center, and Rowand can start in left.

Jerry_Manuel
11-01-2002, 10:34 PM
Here it is for those interested.

duke of dorwood
11-01-2002, 11:59 PM
That is simply a classless and disgraceful move. I wasnt aware the old players were on there-now I am flat mad.

hsc1
11-05-2002, 09:59 PM
hey all sorry i havent been around much lately.. this whole frank, kw, thing has me a bit burned out.... anyhow i wanted to comment on this all star flyer thing for a minute if i may.... i posted this very thing on the mlb boards on october 29th at around 630 pm or so.. its under the title HAS ANY OTHER SEASON TICKET HOLDER........ you will also find there (i dont have the enegry or knowhow to cut and paste it here sorry) an email which was written back to the get up guy (dan) when he inquired about franks absence from the flyer.... im sure youll find the front offices response rather amusing.....also you will find a nice little article from chicagosports.com which was written on october 31st around midnite or so posted on that very thread......its not the best cut and paste job but you can definately read it.... i also want you all to be aware that dan aka getupguy, recieved, yesterday in his email a nasty gram asking why he would share information which was directed to him with anyone else on a message board and how could said email be posted for everyone else to read..(as soon as he fowards it to me im going to put it up there as well).... just goes to show you that there are those who are lurking around on these boards not only there but here as well.....and others im sure.....i am asking you all to take a few minutes out to go over there to read that thread and tell me what your opinions are on the response dan got from the front office....thanks..............