PDA

View Full Version : Babysitting

Paulwny
10-28-2002, 08:42 AM
Fox News reported this morning that Bud was embarrassed by the nursery atmosphere in the Giant dugout and will issue a statement detailing the age requirement and number of children allowed in the dugout.
I'm with Bud on this issue.

Dadawg_77
10-28-2002, 10:24 AM
Actually, I think it was a great reminder of what professional sports is at its very heart. Just a youthful games that we enjoy since they bring back memories of our childhood.

And its the Boys of summer not the Men.

duke of dorwood
10-28-2002, 10:25 AM
Right-especially after the Giant player (dont remember his name) couldnt put "DK 57" on his hat per Selig.

:tool

The tough issues, thats my job

Paulwny
10-28-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77

And its the Boys of summer not the Men.

Boys of summer not babies, a 3 1/2 yr old has no business in a dugout.

Nellie_Fox
10-28-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Boys of summer not babies, a 3 1/2 yr old has no business in a dugout. And he certainly has no business on the field of play with action going on. If one of those kids got clocked by a foul line drive into the dugout, there would have been hell to pay.

kermittheefrog
10-28-2002, 01:23 PM
Man I hate Selig. Way to spite the players who don't see their families enough. I think it's a good thing to see the players with their sons especially considering how much time those guys spend away from home. My question is where are the players' daughters?!

harwar
10-28-2002, 03:26 PM
I can't believe i'm on seligs' side on ANYTHING but that giant dugout was a sidshow.Children do not belong on the field of play during any game.Its unprofessional,distracting,and extremely dangerous.It seemed like everytime the camera showed Dusty Baker he was dealing with the kids.

Soxheads
10-28-2002, 06:30 PM
I found nothing wrong with it.

RichH55
10-28-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by harwar
I can't believe i'm on seligs' side on ANYTHING but that giant dugout was a sidshow.Children do not belong on the field of play during any game.Its unprofessional,distracting,and extremely dangerous.It seemed like everytime the camera showed Dusty Baker he was dealing with the kids.

I found it refreshing actually....perhaps there is a need to tone it down somewhat, but no need to go draconian on kids(even if thats just for PR reasons)