PDA

View Full Version : Comiskey Park update

HootieMcBoob
10-28-2002, 12:38 AM
I don't know if this has been posted (I haven't been on here in a while), but I drove by Comiskey today and the white light towers and the white crossbars that surround the big ads in the outfield are being painted BLACK!! And also, you know at the top of the upper deck where the roof overhangs?? The concrete walls up there are being painted black too! The painting wasn't completely finished, but from what I saw, it looked GOOD. Like, really good.

Just thought you'd like to know...and way to go Angels!!!!!

nut_stock
10-28-2002, 02:15 AM
thanks for the update. I'm still trying to picture the crossbars as black, seems odd too me.

the scorekeeper
10-28-2002, 09:47 AM
Eh, the stadium is going to be black and blue. Like a bruise.

Parts of it look good, but the various shades of purple/lavender/gray on the concrete are still scary.

I should clarify. The outside supports that hold up the upper deck - the concrete buttress-type things - seem to be getting the same treatment we saw on the test sections down the right field line at the end of the season. You can see them in this picture at the top:

Foulke You
10-28-2002, 10:28 AM
It's about time they started putting the ACTUAL team colors (black) on the ball park. Get rid of the Dodger blue. Now, if we can just get them to do the retired numbers some justice on the outfield gridwork and field a playoff team, I'll be happy. Now that the Sox are making their big marketing push for the All-Star game and the World Series has concluded so I wonder when the Sox will make the special announcement that Dave Wills hinted that the Sox would do at the end of this season.

Thanks for the Comiskey update, Hootie. Haven't been down the "Ryan" in a month or so.

No-Neck
10-28-2002, 11:18 AM
I passed by the Park Sunday, 10-27-02, and the black paint looked real good. I was somewhat pleasantly surprised.

However, coming from the North side down the Dan Ryan just south of the Loop, near the I-55 splitoff, the upper part of the stadium still had the putrid blue. Hopefully, they'll paint that part before next season.

I can't stand blue on anything related to MLB. Too Cubby for me.

The sooner the blue seats are gone, the better. Even KC got rid of them. :(:

mrwag
10-28-2002, 11:30 AM
Any digital camera owners out there???? Get some pics and post 'em up here. I'd love to see what black looks like on the light towers. I just cannot picture it, for some reason.

Lip Man 1
10-28-2002, 11:51 AM
Foulke:

Why don't you drop Willis a line and ask him? or try to contact him through his radio station.

Lip

Foulke You
10-28-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Foulke:

Why don't you drop Willis a line and ask him? or try to contact him through his radio station.

Lip

I just might do that. Of course, if he is privy to top secret Comiskey info, he may not share it with me. It's certainly worth a try though.

DVG
10-30-2002, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by HootieMcBoob
I don't know if this has been posted (I haven't been on here in a while), but I drove by Comiskey today and the white light towers and the white crossbars that surround the big ads in the outfield are being painted BLACK!! And also, you know at the top of the upper deck where the roof overhangs?? The concrete walls up there are being painted black too! The painting wasn't completely finished, but from what I saw, it looked GOOD. Like, really good.

Just thought you'd like to know...and way to go Angels!!!!!

:moron

Hey, Scum Sox fans!! Wait'll you see what I have to say about
your travesty of a ballpark in a bad neighborhood with knife-
wielding felons once I get a load of that black paint design.
I CAN'T WAIT! I am going to kill your team and this will be ano-
ther nail in the coffin! I'll spread the word especially when the
All-Star Game gets here!! NO ONE will come to your park then!!!
Can't wait! Giggle!