PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Wins!


Viva Magglio
10-27-2002, 10:20 PM
Congratulations to the Angels!!!! The Cowboy is smiling.

And look at poor, little Darren Baker balling his eyes out!!!

cheeses_h_rice
10-27-2002, 10:34 PM
Congrats to the Angels on a hard-fought Series victory.

Nice to see 2 new teams duking it out, too. I wouldn't have had a problem with either team taking it, but it's especially nice to see someone new take home the trophy.

Iguana775
10-27-2002, 10:49 PM
good job RM!!

Nellie_Fox
10-27-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
And look at poor, little Darren Baker balling his eyes out!!! Lucky him. I would think he is a little young for that, and I'm surprised they would show it on TV.........oh, wait, you mean bawling his eyes out. That's very different. Never mind.

TornLabrum
10-27-2002, 11:01 PM
As I note in an upcoming article, the Sox have, not only waited longer than the Angels to even play again in a World Series, but they've waited twice as long now to win one.

I'm not begrudging the Angels their victory, but I would like to taste that just once in my life!

:reinsy

"Dream on!"

:KW

"You fans are nothing but b*****s and m***********s. Why should I put together a decent team, even if I knew how?"

jortafan
10-27-2002, 11:21 PM
No making fun of Darren Baker's moment of sadness. That's the future Cubs batboy you're talking about. Oh wait, that's just a bit of Cubbie delusion, that Dusty would actually come to Chicago to manage them.

Procol Harum
10-28-2002, 10:03 AM
I'm feelin' happy for the Halos--too bad they couldn't have done this on the Cowboy's watch.

It also makes you feel better about the way the Angels savaged the Sox this past season--it's always good to say that your brains were beaten in by the world champs. And there's another sobering realization--how many of you thought after the 2000 season that we'd be saying "World Champion Anaheim Angels" before we'd be able to boast the same of our beloved Pale Hose? :(:

Foulke You
10-28-2002, 10:22 AM
Congrats to the Halos. Score one for the American League! :smile:

Champ Summers
10-28-2002, 11:26 AM
I can't believe you guys actually wanted the Halos to win...

Iwritecode
10-28-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Champ Summers
I can't believe you guys actually wanted the Halos to win...

Well, it sure beats rooting for the Yankees! :D:

Nellie_Fox
10-28-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Champ Summers
I can't believe you guys actually wanted the Halos to win... #1 They're American League.
#2 Barry Bonds is a great ballplayer and a miserable human being. I didn't want that arrogant SOB to get his championship.

ode to veeck
10-28-2002, 01:38 PM
Barry Bonds is a great ballplayer and a miserable human being. I didn't want that arrogant SOB to get his championship.

he sure looked dumbfounded after they blew the 5 run lead in game 6

RichH55
10-28-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
#1 They're American League.
#2 Barry Bonds is a great ballplayer and a miserable human being. I didn't want that arrogant SOB to get his championship.


I was actually cheering for Barry....c'est la vie....unless the man is Hitler in his off the field life then he simply takes too much abuse from the press(i know i know, the press is always beyond reproach and all)

:moron
I believe the word you are looking for is infallible, like that time I claimed Allen Iverson was the savior and then I claimed he was a nightmare...actually I think those columns were only seperated by a day, but I digress.....INFALLIBLE

MarkEdward
10-28-2002, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RichH55
[B]I was actually cheering for Barry....c'est la vie....unless the man is Hitler in his off the field life then he simply takes too much abuse from the press(i know i know, the press is always beyond reproach and all)


If you read Marrioti's latest column, he basically calls Bonds Satan because he won't answer inane questions from some reporters.

hold2dibber
10-28-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
#1 They're American League.
#2 Barry Bonds is a great ballplayer and a miserable human being. I didn't want that arrogant SOB to get his championship.

I couldn't agree more. Plus, the Angels are kind of like the White Sox of So. Cal. - always playing second fiddle to the local NL club. And they're a damn fun team to watch; they never give up, they play extremely hard nosed, fundamentally sound baseball. Great to see that kind of focus, determination and effort rewarded.

RichH55
10-28-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RichH55
[B]I was actually cheering for Barry....c'est la vie....unless the man is Hitler in his off the field life then he simply takes too much abuse from the press(i know i know, the press is always beyond reproach and all)


If you read Marrioti's latest column, he basically calls Bonds Satan because he won't answer inane questions from some reporters.


Using the theory that you judge a man on his enemies and its mainly sportswriters(Read: The Moron) that don't like Bonds...then how bad could the guy be? :D: