duke of dorwood
10-26-2002, 11:57 PM
These guys are really something-hard to bet against the Angels

Kilroy
10-27-2002, 12:03 AM
RALLY MONKEY MUST DIE!!!

PaleHoseGeorge
10-27-2002, 12:07 AM
I admit, I gave them up for dead earlier this evening.

I'm impressed; this has been one hell of a World Series. I'm enjoying it a lot more than last year, too, probably because the frickin' Yankees aren't in it.

I wonder what it is like to be a life-long fan of one of the teams playing Game 7 in a World Series. I bet it's really exciting.

TornLabrum
10-27-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I wonder what it is like to be a life-long fan of one of the teams playing Game 7 in a World Series. I bet it's really exciting.

Yeah, it must be cool. Closest all of us old timers got was Game 6 in 1959.

:reinsy

"And as long as I own this club, that's the closest you'll ever get."

cheeses_h_rice
10-27-2002, 12:54 AM
Man, what a game. That oh-so-palpable momentum shift that took place when Troy Glaus got the game-winning double...nice. Plus Scott Spiezio's clutch, clutch, clutch 3-run dinger to jump-start the Angels in the 7th.

At least the Series is turning out to be a contest, after all; I sort of thought the Angels shot their load after the first few innings of Game 4, but nope, we're going 7.

Jerry_Manuel
10-27-2002, 01:04 AM
Nen pulled a Foulke.

Can't have him in there for two innings.

WinningUgly!
10-27-2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Man, what a game. That oh-so-palpable momentum shift that took place when Troy Glaus got the game-winning double...nice. Plus Scott Spiezio's clutch, clutch, clutch 3-run dinger to jump-start the Angels in the 7th.

At least the Series is turning out to be a contest, after all; I sort of thought the Angels shot their load after the first few innings of Game 4, but nope, we're going 7.

Hell yeah! Morris Illinois' own Scott Spiezio!

What a great at bat in the 7th...battled back from down in the count & kept fighting off pitches until he got what he wanted. :gulp:

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-27-2002, 01:41 AM
that was a great game, i was disapointed by the outcome, but oh well. Guess it's better than watching a borning sunday night football game