PDA

View Full Version : Looks to me like...

Tragg
10-26-2002, 12:55 AM
we're pretty set for next year except for Center fielder and/or lead-off man (2 very important spots). I hate to encourage kw to pull off a big trade, but if you are savvy and keep your eyes open, you can find us someone.
Defense should be improved, pitching can't be worse and offense about the same.

Oh, and move foulke back to the closer's role please. He's better than anyone else we have.

WinningUgly!
10-26-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
if you are savvy and keep your eyes open, you can find us someone.

"I know you can't be talking about me!"
:KW

voodoochile
10-26-2002, 11:21 AM
we're pretty set for next year except for Center fielder and/or lead-off man (2 very important spots). I hate to encourage kw to pull off a big trade, but if you are savvy and keep your eyes open, you can find us someone.

Oh, and move foulke back to the closer's role please. He's better than anyone else we have.

Are you forgetting who runs this team from Owner through Manager? They will find a way to screw it up. Yes, on paper it looks like the Sox are pretty set (with the exception of one more veteran starter to go with Mark Buehrle and give the other 3 some breathing room), but unless JM, KW and JR get their acts together this team is screwed and changing the pitching coaches, base coaches and hitting coaches will be just so much window dressing to appease the masses...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the unholy triumverate of Sox fans nightmares:

:reinsy:KW:jerry
"Who us?"

:ohno
"YES, YOU!"

duke of dorwood
10-26-2002, 08:36 PM
If we fill those needs we WILL be set................

For 1 game til he strarts screwing with the line-up.

:jerry

"Tinker you"

Dadawg_77
10-26-2002, 08:37 PM

You know, this post could have very well been dated Oct 21, 2001 and ring true. Now doesn't that just seem a little depressing.

Randar68
10-28-2002, 12:20 AM

Sign Jeff Kent, trade Willie/Jimenez/ and maybe lee for a SS, SP or legit CF'er.

That's how you do it, but not how the Sox would, for sure.

RichH55
10-28-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
Sign Jeff Kent, trade Willie/Jimenez/ and maybe lee for a SS, SP or legit CF'er.

That's how you do it, but not how the Sox would, for sure.

If the lineup stays how it is we should be fine....we do need another SP though....If we had the money to sign Kent, I would hope we would put it to better use by signing Moyer who feels a more immidiate and deeper need, whereas Kent would just be a real nice upgrade to a position where we are only average IMHO

Hullett_Fan
10-28-2002, 12:21 PM
we're pretty set for next year except for Center fielder and/or lead-off man (2 very important spots).

You forgot #1 starting pitcher.

Trade Lee and 3 prospects to FLA for Preston Wilson and Brad Penny. Also need to sign Jaime Moyer or Tom Glavine or Al Leiter.

Then we'll be all set. :smile: