PDA

View Full Version : "Diminished Clause"

TornLabrum
10-24-2002, 09:56 PM
The title George put on my latest column is misspelled. It should be "Diminished Claus."

In case you're unfamiliar with the legend, he's a character who comes every Christmas taking toys away from the good little boys and girls." It is rumored that The Chairman is his direct descendent.

:reinsy

"Ho! Ho! Ho! And what would you like me to take away from you, little boy?"

FarWestChicago
10-25-2002, 12:53 AM
Fixed. :smile:

voodoochile
10-25-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Fixed. :smile:

Is this your word of the night?

voodoochile
10-25-2002, 01:56 AM
What kind of person says, “Look I want you long term because I like you, but if you fail to produce, I’ll still give you the money, but I’ll defer all but a scrub’s salary until after the contract has expired. So I really don’t think you should sign this. Here’s the pen”?

Santa's lesser known evil brother that's who. I guess this makes KW an evil elf, but we already knew that now didn't we?

"Coal for all the Sox fans because this mess is all their fault!"

:KW
"On rookie, on low-pay, on cheap rehab pitchers. On minimum wagers and away with the bitchers. I'll cut Big Franks salary and chase him away and then JR will give me a cut of his pay. I'll lowball Mark Buehrle and when he complains I'll cut his pay further and laugh at his pain. I'll not pay a penny to upgrade this team. We won't win a thing, not even in dreams. And when they all ask me, I'll just quote Jerry - 'It's all the fans fault' that makes him quite merry."

Think we can find a way to defer some of that money Magglio is making, he can't be worth it. Nobody is."

:KW
"I'll work on a trade. I'll try to get it done before the holidaze, so you can spend the extra money on a new Mercedes for the kids for X-mas."

"better trade Konerko too. those cars are expensive, but if you save me enough money, I'll get you a Kia."

:ohno
"Please, Mr Grinch, don't steal our X-mas."

"HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!! Here's that coal I mentioned. We resigned Canseco and offered a contract to Mike Sirotka - I figure he can be the opening day starter. Heck, I want to bring back Singleton too, since Baltimore clearly can't see a cheap... er... talented player when they have one. Merry X-mas, Sox Fans and to all a good night..."