PDA

View Full Version : 2002 minor league FA's

Daver
10-24-2002, 04:56 PM
The Sox minor league FA's:

Chicago White Sox (17)
Catchers: Mark Dalesandro, Lee Evans
Infielders: Justin Baughman, Clay Eason, Aaron Miles, Eric Storey
Outfielders: Darron Ingram, Brooks Kieschnick, Juan Piniella, Anthony Sanders, Mike Zywica
Pitchers: Lorenzo Barcelo, Carlos Chantres, Corey Lee, Steve Schrenk, Bill Simas, Ken Vining

Hullett_Fan
10-24-2002, 04:59 PM
Don't see anyone on the list that I'd miss :whiner:

A little surprised to see Barcelo's name.

And I thought Kieschnick was going to be our next #1 starter :D:

hold2dibber
10-24-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by daver
The Sox minor league FA's:

Chicago White Sox (17)
Catchers: Mark Dalesandro, Lee Evans
Infielders: Justin Baughman, Clay Eason, Aaron Miles, Eric Storey
Outfielders: Darron Ingram, Brooks Kieschnick, Juan Piniella, Anthony Sanders, Mike Zywica
Pitchers: Lorenzo Barcelo, Carlos Chantres, Corey Lee, Steve Schrenk, Bill Simas, Ken Vining

Two of our White Flag trade guys. If they leave, is Foulke the only one left? Also, I thought Jason Daelaero (sp) was going to be on this list - anybody know why he's not? Finally, what exactly does it mean to be a minor league FA? Are the absolutely free to sign with the highest bidder? If they leave, do the Sox get any compensation? Any restriction on the Sox' ability to re-sign them? I don't know many of these guys, but I wouldn't mind having Barcelo, Simas and Kieschnick back with the organization next year.

Daver
10-24-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Two of our White Flag trade guys. If they leave, is Foulke the only one left? Also, I thought Jason Daelaero (sp) was going to be on this list - anybody know why he's not? Finally, what exactly does it mean to be a minor league FA? Are the absolutely free to sign with the highest bidder? If they leave, do the Sox get any compensation? Any restriction on the Sox' ability to re-sign them? I don't know many of these guys, but I wouldn't mind having Barcelo, Simas and Kieschnick back with the organization next year.

Dallero has not been with the organization for 6 years,I beleive he has a year left to go but I would have to check that.

Yes they are free agents,free to go to any team with no compensation.

The Sox can re-sign any of them,and probably will in the case of Kieschnik,Vining,and Simas,but odds are they have given up on Lorenzo Barcelo,the guy just can't seem to stay healthy.

Foulke is the last of the white flag trade,though the best player in that trade was ruined by Ron Schueler's insistence to show something on the roster the from that trade the following season and rushed Mike Caruso to the big leagues far before he was ready.

They may also try and re-sign Lee Evans,mainly because they will need an everyday catcher in Charlotte and a back up,with both Evans and Delasandro being free agents they have no catcher on the Charlotte roster.