PDA

View Full Version : Paulie on AM 1000

duke of dorwood
10-23-2002, 04:06 PM
Spoke well of Frank, and says if they are in a big game and need a last out Foulke's his guy and that most of team feels that way.

RKMeibalane
10-23-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Spoke well of Frank, and says if they are in a big game and need a last out Foulke's his guy and that most of team feels that way.

This isn't surprising. I think Foulke will eventually be reinstated as the closer sometime next season, assuming Manuel stops changing his mind every five minutes.

I think many of the players learned an important lesson from this past season, and that lesson is this: In order to become a contending team, it is necessary to focus on winning, and doing anything and everything necessary to achieve that end.

Team chemistry should be better next year. I don't think we will see anymore squabbling amungst players. Durham is gone, and Royce Clayton took his island with him when he was released.

Jerry_Manuel
10-23-2002, 10:36 PM
I think they'll end up dealing Foulke near the deadline. Seeing how his contract is up after this year.

nut_stock
10-24-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I think they'll end up dealing Foulke near the deadline. Seeing how his contract is up after this year.

Only if were not in contention.

kermittheefrog
10-24-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
This isn't surprising. I think Foulke will eventually be reinstated as the closer sometime next season, assuming Manuel stops changing his mind every five minutes.

I think many of the players learned an important lesson from this past season, and that lesson is this: In order to become a contending team, it is necessary to focus on winning, and doing anything and everything necessary to achieve that end.

Team chemistry should be better next year. I don't think we will see anymore squabbling amungst players. Durham is gone, and Royce Clayton took his island with him when he was released.

How about learning to trust your guys with the real talent. Foulke came around and outside of saves which are dependant on being in the game at a certain time his numbers don't look much different than the last couple years.

Even Frank finished up strong, not saying that justifies his extraordinarily weak points during the season but it's not like Aaron Rowand or Jeff Liefer are actually better.

MarqSox
10-24-2002, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

Team chemistry should be better next year. I don't think we will see anymore squabbling amungst players. Durham is gone

Right, cause Ray was such a clubhouse disruption.

RichH55
10-24-2002, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Right, cause Ray was such a clubhouse disruption.

Well Royce was the big point of that IMO....bad clubhouse, bad for the team on the field....Jose is a leader and he'll make his errors, but chemistry wise it certainly would appear to help to have him at SS....Also with the fact that Paulie seems to be taking more of a leadership role that could help...and if i recall Durham never had the best of clubhouse reputations...I remember people thinking he was "tough", but that doesnt translate into comaradiery

Dadawg_77
10-24-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock
Only if were not in contention.

Great so Keith is gone if we are more then 3 games out in July.

SoxFan14
10-24-2002, 10:14 AM
Konerko's still in Chicago? I thought most of the players took off for Arizona, or wherever they live, as soon as the season ended!

duke of dorwood
10-24-2002, 10:18 AM
He was in Arizona playing golf, he said