PDA

View Full Version : 2003 and the Twins

jortafan
10-23-2002, 02:17 PM
Found the following on ESPN's web site, thought it might be of interest to many of us.

http://dynamic.espn.go.com/espn/chat/chatESPN?event_id=1

Specifically, was the following question.

Jim, thoughts on my wonderful White Sox?

Jim Baker: (11:46 PM ET ) The American League Central could be theirs in 2003. There is not that much distance between them and the Twins. Minnesota, by the way, has improved their three years in a row. Unless they can make it four, they'll win something less than 94, which means the Sox can catch them with a modest improvement.

I hereby swear that I did NOT send that question in to Baker. But I can't help but think that competent management during this off-season could make us a legitimate contender, since I refuse to think of the Pohlad Twins as being all that wonderful. Instead, our management will be too distracted by the Thomas Affair (trying to re-sign a ballplayer who's legitimately ours anyway) to do much of anything else.

MisterB
10-23-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
But I can't help but think that competent management during this off-season could make us a legitimate contender...

All we have to do is find competent management...

Instead, our management will be too distracted by the Thomas Affair (trying to re-sign a ballplayer who's legitimately ours anyway) to do much of anything else.

Nah, KW will manage to find the time to further wreck the team :D:

RichH55
10-24-2002, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by MisterB
All we have to do is find competent management...

Nah, KW will manage to find the time to further wreck the team :D:

Hell we don't even need all that competent management to catch the Twins....granted it would help...but as long as management isnt flat out ruinous we should have a legtimate chance...I dont think the Twins management is Billy Beane incarnate either,.....and Pohland doesnt compare favorably to even JR

duke of dorwood
10-24-2002, 08:41 AM
Our management is the worst-I dont think these guys would have made a move like picking up a Rick Reed last year. That paid off this year for them. I really doubt that they will be as bad as we were this year and rebuilding 2 years after a division title with a young team. I guess we will see. This kills me because I hate the Twins.