PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Letter Received

duke of dorwood
10-22-2002, 10:53 AM
FYI-Frank Thomas is not mentioned . They refer to Maggs, Burly-man, Paulie and Valentin. That's it.

RKMeibalane
10-22-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
FYI-Frank Thomas is not mentioned . They refer to Maggs, Burly-man, Paulie and Valentin. That's it.

They're probably just preparing for the worst, in case Frank decides to leave. There's no sense advertising something that may not happen.

Procol Harum
10-22-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
There's no sense advertising something that may not happen.

Yeah, like being a contender for the AL crown...

NorthSideConvert
10-22-2002, 12:53 PM
I got the same letter today. My ticket prices are the same as last year. Makes me wonder how much Stadium Club is going up.

NSC

WinningUgly!
10-22-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
Yeah, like being a contender for the AL crown...

Ouch!

Lip Man 1
10-22-2002, 01:36 PM
I know this will take some doing, but could one of you who got that letter please retype it completely on this thread?

Unless you are a brutal typist, it shouldn't take longer then 20 minutes or so.

I'd really like to read what our leadership has to say.

Lip

Foulke You
10-22-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I know this will take some doing, but could one of you who got that letter please retype it completely on this thread?

Lip

I'd be interested to see what that letter says too. I guess the Sox don't feel that the buyers of the 7 game package are worthy of a letter. I never get one and I've bought the package 3 years in a row.

voodoochile
10-22-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

If you've got access to a scanner, you can just scan it in and post it as a picture.

Konerkofan
10-22-2002, 02:48 PM
Duke - please let us know what the letter says :)

NorthSideConvert
10-22-2002, 04:14 PM
October 16 2002

Dear Season Ticket Holder:

We can never say it enough: thank you for your continued support of the White Sox. A strong finish ended 2002 on a positive note, highlighted by the play of some of our veteran players like Magglio Ordonez and Jose Valentin, as well as our rising young stars like Paul Konerko and Mark Buehrle. This blend of experience and youth gives us all reason to be very optimistic for an exciting and successful 2003 season. We hope you will continue to be a part of White Sox Baseball.

As most of you know, the Chicago White Sox and Comiskey Park will host the 2003 Major League Baseball All-Star Game, along with several other All-Star events, including the Home Run Derby. Th only way to guarantee tickets to these memory-making events is to continue as a White Sox season ticket holder. Only a minimal number of All-Star tickets will be available to the general public

Full season ticket holders will have the opportunity to purchase their locations for the All-Star Game (final approval is as the sole discretion of the Chicago White Sox and MLB).

In addition to having the best seat locations in the ballpark and the opportunity to purchase tickets to all of the All-Star events, White Sox season ticket holders will continue to receive a discount off regular ticket prices and parking. We again thank you for your continued support of White Sox baseball and hope this discount off individual game prices shows our appreciation some of our most loyal and dedicate fans—our season ticket holders.

To ensure your existing seat location AND ticket price discount, we respectfully request that you adhere to the following deadlines:

$100 per seat deposit due: Friday, November 15, 2002
Half payment due: Monday December 16, 2002
Full payment due: Friday, January 24, 2003

Due to the high number of expected season ticket renewals, the deadlines listed above will be strictly enforced and ONLY those accounts with at least the minimum deposit paid will secure their existing seat location and season ticket discount.

A always, we appreciate your support of White Sox Baseball and look forward to having you at Comiskey Park for an exciting – and All-Star filled – summer. Remember the first 400 accounts to pay their deposit receive an invitation to an exclusive autograph session at SoxFest 2003 (Jan 31-Feb. 2) Please feel free to contact your ticket sales representative with any questions.

Sincerely,

The Chicago White Sox

Lip Man 1
10-22-2002, 06:23 PM
Thank you for reprinting that season ticket letter.

I appreciate it!

Yes, I noticed that Thomas wasn't mentioned although I guess I can understand why they wouldn't do so, to many things can still take place with him.

But did you also notice they didn't mention one word about improving the club? About being proactive in the off season? About using the increased ticket prices to improve the pitching staff?

I guess they weren't willing to stick their neck out in that regard since when they didn't do anything, Sox fans (especially here at WSI) would chop their head off.

Lip

duke of dorwood
10-22-2002, 10:18 PM
Struck me as rather cold and impersonal. Large number of renewals?

Jerry_Manuel
10-22-2002, 10:24 PM
Large number of renewals?

:reinsy
Everyone wants a piece of the All-Star game.

duke of dorwood
10-22-2002, 10:58 PM
Wonder what the 27 gamers will be offered. We were offered only 1 game in 2000 playoffs

RKMeibalane
10-22-2002, 11:01 PM
Wonder what the 27 gamers will be offered. We were offered only 1 game in 2000 playoffs

If there's one word that describes the Chicago White Sox organziation, that word is loyalty.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what types of package deals other teams offer? I'm willing to bet that several teams have more lucrative packages than the Sox.

NorthSideConvert
10-23-2002, 05:12 PM
One glaring omission from this letter is any mention of extra opening day tickets and Sox/Cubs series tickets. I would imagine that most of the split season packages that will be sold to those wishing to get in on the All Star deal will be weekend packages. It will be interesting to see how this affects ticket allocation for the Sox/Cubs weekend.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-23-2002, 08:23 PM
Reading that letter, it seems pretty obvious the Sox figure their biggest selling point is getting fans interested in seeing the 2003 all-star game.

What a great idea! In another 20 years, the Sox can host another one, too!

Who says the White Sox don't know anything about marketing a baseball team!

I'll say this much for them. Hosting an all-star game is a lot better bet than hosting a playoff game.

:reinsy
"Step right up, Sox Fans! Make your checks payable to Jerry Reinsdorf, esq."