PDA

View Full Version : Ray Ray Bye Bye

MikeKreevich
08-11-2001, 01:26 AM
I know I wasn't the only one who noticed that Ray didn't hustle when running to first earlier in the game.
If Kenny trades Ray he might get somebody for him but you never know. At least second base will be freed up for Valentin. Most of Valentines errors come from throws.

FarWestChicago
08-11-2001, 01:29 AM
I know I wasn't the only one who noticed that Ray didn't hustle when running to first earlier in the game.

Oh, you mean when Guillen fell on his ass but Ray was only jogging to first. Yes, I noticed that. I've about had it with the No Range Gardener.

Nellie_Fox
08-11-2001, 01:32 AM
But I don't agree that most of Valentin's errors come on throws. He has a disturbing tendency to boot the routine grounder right at him. Second is every bit as important defensively as short. You can't hide your defensive liabilities at second.

doublem23
08-11-2001, 01:36 AM
Yeah, a lot of Valentin's errors are grounders that go straight through the wickets.

LuvChiSox
08-11-2001, 10:57 AM
Maybe it's time to sit RayRay the RK out for a few games and put Tony Valentin in his place and see what happens?

doublem23
08-11-2001, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by LuvChiSox
Maybe it's time to sit RayRay the RK out for a few games and put Tony Valentin in his place and see what happens?

Tony Valentin? DId I miss something, or am I just an idiot?

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2001, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Tony Valentin? DId I miss something, or am I just an idiot?

A little from column A and a little from column B!
It's Tony Graffanino.

doublem23
08-11-2001, 02:41 PM
That's what I thought....

oh, JM, your a quick one. :)

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2001, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
That's what I thought....

oh, JM, your a quick one. :)

Yeah I am!
Hey look your a WSI Personality!

doublem23
08-11-2001, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Yeah I am!
Hey look your a WSI Personality!

Yes, indeedly doodly!

Anyways, being the poor 17-year old I am, I'm off to work. Be back around 1030ish.

Let's see if we can take a 2nd from these M(orons)'s.

GO SOX!!!

chisoxfanatic
08-11-2001, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by LuvChiSox

LCS might be onto something here! You know, I was thinking, and gosh did it hurt my cranium! What if we actually ran with this idea of a "Tony Valentin" and formed a player with the legs of Graffanino (to aid in Manos' hammie strain) and the clutch-hitting of Manos.

There you have it! Your newest member of the Chicago White Sox: Tony Valentin!

Heather the Redbird

FarWestChicago
08-11-2001, 03:31 PM
What if we actually ran with this idea of a "Tony Valentin" and formed a player with the legs of Graffanino (to aid in Manos' hammie strain) and the clutch-hitting of Manos.

:manos

I wouldn't mind a new set of wheels. It's tough playing all out all the time with a bum leg. But, it's the only way I know how to play.

LuvChiSox
08-11-2001, 04:59 PM
Hey everyone--I'm sorry, I thought every Sox fan knew that Jose Valentin says his nickname is Tony and that is what he likes to be called....his middle name is Antonio.

Tragg
08-11-2001, 06:06 PM
Can Valentin play second?

All I'll say is that ray usually has a good offensive year. Clatyon, singleton and alomar never do.