PDA

View Full Version : I think Damien Miller would be a nice pickup


SoxxoS
10-17-2002, 07:05 PM
Anyone else agree? I think he can help tutor Olivo along, and would be a nice upgrade of Josh Paul and Mark Johnson. Those two can hit the bricks. (They would probably swing and miss though.) Plus, god forbid we get to the postseason, he has won a ring, and would give us that much more experience. I think he would really be a nice fit...

Iguana775
10-17-2002, 08:13 PM
i'd be for it.

Lip Man 1
10-17-2002, 08:56 PM
I think that's a pretty good idea. I also think the Sox should consider the Rays John Flaherty.

Lip

MarkEdward
10-17-2002, 11:19 PM
Damian Miller: Yes, he'd be a nice pick-up, but there's no way the Diamondbacks would give him up. They have no catchers to replace him.

John Flaherty: Yikes. Just thinking about him in a Sox uniform is scary.

Lip Man 1
10-18-2002, 01:04 AM
Are you saying you think Mark Johnson and Josh Paul are better?

Lip

kermittheefrog
10-18-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I think that's a pretty good idea. I also think the Sox should consider the Rays John Flaherty.

Lip

Just what we need, a guy who wasn't good enough to get into half of the D-Rays' games.

RichH55
10-18-2002, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Just what we need, a guy who wasn't good enough to get into half of the D-Rays' games.


Well Toby Hall was pretty highly regarded down there....not like they have a reason not to play the guy with the better future in front of him

kermittheefrog
10-18-2002, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by RichH55
Well Toby Hall was pretty highly regarded down there....not like they have a reason not to play the guy with the better future in front of him

Or maybe they were trying to play the guy who doesn't suck?

hold2dibber
10-18-2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Or maybe they were trying to play the guy who doesn't suck?

If the D-Rays only played their guys who didn't suck, they'd only have 1 or 2 guys on the field at any given time.

kermittheefrog
10-18-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
If the D-Rays only played their guys who didn't suck, they'd only have 1 or 2 guys on the field at any given time.

That was way too easy dude.

MarkEdward
10-18-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Are you saying you think Mark Johnson and Josh Paul are better?

Lip

Josh Paul is awful, and shouldn't be on the Sox next year. Johnson can draw a walk, and plays well defensively. Flaherty's been terrible since 1997. Can't get on base, doesn't hit for power. Yes, I do think MJ is better than Flaherty.