PDA

View Full Version : K-Lo!


Vsahajpal
10-14-2002, 10:22 PM
Amazin!

voodoochile
10-14-2002, 10:26 PM
How about Dunston, too? B2B 2-out hits by Dunston and Lofton to put the Giants in the series...

I guess they only suck when they play for a Chicago team...

Maybe it's the water...

:reinsy
"I told you... too many FRESHWATER fish too close to the park."

Vsahajpal
10-14-2002, 10:29 PM
And former Cub Tim Worrell with the win, former Cub Santiago arguably the MVP for the Gnats that series, while former Cub Cairo may have been the Cards' MVP.

How fitting

WinningUgly!
10-14-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
And former Cub Tim Worrell with the win, former Cub Santiago arguably the MVP for the Gnats that series, while former Cub Cairo may have been the Cards' MVP.

How fitting

Former White Sox manager out dueled by future sCrUBS manager! :D:

Vsahajpal
10-14-2002, 10:35 PM
Maybe we should merge :)

That would be one hell of a pitching staff!

voodoochile
10-14-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Maybe we should merge :)

That would be one hell of a pitching staff!

Yeah and you guys would finally have a decent right-fielder to root for...

:D:

WinningUgly!
10-14-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Yeah and you guys would finally have a decent right-fielder to root for...

:D:

LOL, ya beat me to that one!

Vsahajpal
10-14-2002, 10:46 PM
We'd still need a catcher!

Lip Man 1
10-14-2002, 11:14 PM
With the Giants now going to the series, there is no way in hell they let Baker leave.

They'll pay him whatever he wants, so don't look for him in Chicago on either side of town.

Plus isn't it ironic that Kenny Williams is paying another team in essence, to go to the Series? (He had to PAY part of Lofton's contract in order for San Fran to take him...that's rich! LOL)

Lip

hold2dibber
10-15-2002, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
How about Dunston, too? B2B 2-out hits by Dunston and Lofton to put the Giants in the series...

I guess they only suck when they play for a Chicago team...

Maybe it's the water...

:reinsy
"I told you... too many FRESHWATER fish too close to the park."

Could somebody fill me in on the "fish too close to the park" joke on the Sox' attendance woes?

ma-gaga
10-15-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Could somebody fill me in on the "fish too close to the park" joke on the Sox' attendance woes?

Blaming anything for the 'attendance woes':

:reinsy
"It was too sunny out..."
"Burly was paid too much this year..."
"it's the fans fault that this franchise can't compete..."

Well technically, it's the ownership blaming anything but the ownership for attendance woes...

hold2dibber
10-15-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
Blaming anything for the 'attendance woes':

:reinsy
"It was too sunny out..."
"Burly was paid too much this year..."
"it's the fans fault that this franchise can't compete..."

Well technically, it's the ownership blaming anything but the ownership for attendance woes...

Okay - I thought JR or KW actually made some comment about the park's proximity to the lake or something.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-15-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Could somebody fill me in on the "fish too close to the park" joke on the Sox' attendance woes?

Last year when discussing the problems with attendance at New Comiskey, Reinsdorf was quoted as saying too many fish live near the ballpark. This was his attempt at humor, suggesting the location was too far away for more fans to attend games (the reference to nearby Lake Michigan, which of course contains only fish, not fans).

So virtually every stadium built the last 20 years is located near a large body of water, but only the Sox complain about their ballpark's location. After that Reinsdorf faux pas (the latest in a long series stretching back to the early-80's), a smart interviewer would have retorted, "Location aside, Jerry, how did you like the price?"

:gulp:

MisterB
10-15-2002, 07:17 PM
:sopranos
"We can arrange it so's you get to sleep wit dose fishes, Mr. Reinsdorf."

If only they would...

foulkesfan11
10-15-2002, 11:39 PM
Leave it to a Sox player to take the Giants to the Series.

DrCrawdad
10-16-2002, 06:39 AM
Angels vs. Giants.

Battle of the Wild Card Teams for the World Series Title. Has this happened before?

WhiteSox = Life
10-16-2002, 06:37 PM
Nope, first (http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2002/s/2002/1014/1446047.html) time.

Tragg
10-16-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
Leave it to a Sox player to take the Giants to the Series.

K Lo played well for us and is still a fine player. But Scott Eyre? Isn't he now the Giants lefty out of the pen? Man oh man.