PDA

View Full Version : Sour Grapes/ Expect any less?

duke of dorwood
10-14-2002, 11:05 AM
From a team that leads the world on cheap artificial turf aided runs, regarding the Angels:

"They're good, but they also must have a golden horseshoe over there, because they had so many bloops fall in, so many grounders sneak through," Mientkiewicz said.

cheeses_h_rice
10-14-2002, 11:15 AM
Pot. Kettle. Black.

moochpuppy
10-14-2002, 11:29 AM
Those damn Fox voodoo adds!

FarWestChicago
10-14-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
From a team that leads the world on cheap artificial turf aided runs, regarding the Angels:

"They're good, but they also must have a golden horseshoe over there, because they had so many bloops fall in, so many grounders sneak through," Mientkiewicz said. Wow, I wonder if Minklczkxzkwiczski had any idea how completely hypocritical and ridiculous he sounded. :o:

bc2k
10-14-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Minklczkxzkwiczski :o:

hahaha.

And who is he to talk about horseshoes? Look at the shape of his name on the back of his jersey.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-14-2002, 12:21 PM
The Twins are revealing themselves to be the overachieving punks we always suspected them of being. Meinarenthanginritez is a complete moron to make such a statement. I can't wait to hear Pearanumnutski's spin on things, too.

Of course I would prefer overachieving punks to the dysfunctional bunch Reinsdorf and Williams have assembled in the Sox clubhouse...

:angry:

duke of dorwood
10-14-2002, 01:06 PM
It wasnt much different-

"Said Pierzynski: "Give them credit. When you have a good approach and take aggressive swings, you have balls fall in. That's a heck of a team over there."

34 Inch Stick
10-14-2002, 04:51 PM
I suppose the 9th inning blow ups of Foulke in the last two years was a sign of Twin greatness. I still think the Sox are better than that team.

duke of dorwood
10-14-2002, 07:15 PM
I think with Ray we were with them except for 1 starting pitcher. Without Ray and the uncertainty in the mid infield, its tough right now.

nut_stock
10-15-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I suppose the 9th inning blow ups of Foulke in the last two years was a sign of Twin greatness. I still think the Sox are better than that team.

As do I, We were underacheivers.

harwar
10-16-2002, 09:24 AM
Regardless of what makeasandwich says,next year the twins are still going to have a very good pitching staff and a very good defensive team.