PDA

View Full Version : Hey Lip


Dadawg_77
10-13-2002, 10:00 PM
Good article. I especially like the part where Rodger say the truth about the Sox disconnection with its fan base. We all know it but the Sox won't admit since their market surveys don't show it. The will never draw well unless 1) the Sox in winning it all; 2) JR gets six feet of dirt thrown on top of him; 3)or he sells the team.

Lip Man 1
10-13-2002, 10:27 PM
Thanks! I also appreciated Phil's honesty when talking about the Tribune Company owning the Cubs and the Tribune. I hope he doesn't get into trouble for that!

I thought he called it like he saw it regarding the team, Kenny Williams (especially compared to Billy Beane) and the Sox future.

A lot of folks around here don't like him, but I didn't get a sense of him having an ax to grind against the Sox.

Lip

sox_fan_forever
10-13-2002, 10:53 PM
I really liked the interview also. I agree...he seemed very honest about everything.

DVG
10-13-2002, 11:05 PM
Another (yawn) article saying (yawn) that the Sox won't reconnect
with fans until (yawn) Reinsdorf sells the team. (YAWWWWN.)
Spare me the drivel. This whole hatred of the owner mentality
goes beyond Reinsdorf. Once a new owner comes to town, he'll
only have to do one thing to piss everybody off, then hordes of
Sox fans will swear that they won't go back to the ballpark until
that no good, ethnic slur, expletive deleted sells the team; and
media guys such as Goofiotti and our very own Lipster will cry
and holler about what a horrible, evil, rotten so-and-so he is.
And the cycle will start all over again.

voodoochile
10-14-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by DVG
Another (yawn) article saying (yawn) that the Sox won't reconnect
with fans until (yawn) Reinsdorf sells the team. (YAWWWWN.)
Spare me the drivel. This whole hatred of the owner mentality
goes beyond Reinsdorf. Once a new owner comes to town, he'll
only have to do one thing to piss everybody off, then hordes of
Sox fans will swear that they won't go back to the ballpark until
that no good, ethnic slur, expletive deleted sells the team; and
media guys such as Goofiotti and our very own Lipster will cry
and holler about what a horrible, evil, rotten so-and-so he is.
And the cycle will start all over again.

You're dead wrong. Reinsdorf has done way more than one thing to earn his special place in Sox fans hatred and a new owner would get plenty of rope to hang themselves especially after JR. I won't start renumerating JR's shortcomings now as they have been beaten to death on this board and I think that is what you are responding to as much as anything. In addition, less than 25% of that article dealt with the Reinsdorf situation. Me thinks you are overly sensitive - JR is that you?

:D:

PaleHoseGeorge
10-14-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
In addition, less than 25% of that article dealt with the Reinsdorf situation. Me thinks you are overly sensitive - JR is that you?

:D:


:reinsy
"You bastards! Just wait till I shut this joint down!"

:)

DVG
10-14-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
You're dead wrong. Reinsdorf has done way more than one thing to earn his special place in Sox fans hatred and a new owner would get plenty of rope to hang themselves especially after JR. I won't start renumerating JR's shortcomings now as they have been beaten to death on this board and I think that is what you are responding to as much as anything. In addition, less than 25% of that article dealt with the Reinsdorf situation. Me thinks you are overly sensitive - JR is that you?

:D:

How'd you know? Er, uh...I mean...Nonsense! Utter nonsense!