PDA

View Full Version : Rally Monkey Going to the World Series

Viva Magglio
10-13-2002, 08:06 PM
The ghost of the Cowboy must be smiling.

Lip Man 1
10-13-2002, 08:17 PM
Chalk up STILL ANOTHER team that's headed to the World Series since the Sox last went in 1959.

Unbelieveable...

Lip

cheeses_h_rice
10-13-2002, 08:18 PM
Congrats to the Angels on a well-played series against the Twinks, who seemingly had nothing going the entire series except the Dome.

The Angels are showing that nothing gets them down this postseason. Just when you think the momentum in a game has shifted irreversibly to the other team (like tonight's game, top half of the 7th), they scratch and claw and get back into it.

I still think the Giants are going to advance in the NL, but now I'm not so sure that they'll beat the Angels if they do. There's something happening in Anaheim, that's for sure.

cheeses_h_rice
10-13-2002, 08:20 PM
OT, there was a trivia question during tonight's game, about what ML teams have never been to the World Series.

Now that we can take the Angels off that list, what was the final tally?

I come up with:

Expos
Mariners
Rockies
D-Rays
Rangers

What else am I missing?

FarWestChicago
10-13-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I still think the Giants are going to advance in the NL, but now I'm not so sure that they'll beat the Angels if they do. There's something happening in Anaheim, that's for sure. I'm not so sure about the Gain'ts. They may be cooling off. But, the Rally Monkeys really seem to believe they can beat anybody, no matter what the situation. And nobody has done anything to convince them they are wrong. :smile:

duke of dorwood
10-13-2002, 08:32 PM
Monkeys advance , flunkies retreat. I love it. And no more Homer Kotex this year. Seems so long ago the Angels were 6-14. About that time we were probably 14-6. Hey, lets raise ticket prices.

longshot7
10-13-2002, 10:16 PM
Now you guys can get a little of what I've seen all year. God, this team is amazing. I'm going to the WS. Who woulda picked them in April - not me. I love this game.

ps - Cheeses, is Houston the team you're missing?

ilovemags30
10-13-2002, 10:48 PM

I come up with:

Expos
Mariners
Rockies
D-Rays
Rangers

What else am I missing?

wasnt it the astros?

DonkeyKongerko
10-13-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by ilovemags30
wasnt it the astros?

yes the astros have never been to a world series.

no team has a longer drought of representing the AL than us pale hose:

Chicago White Sox 43 years and counting....

(frighteningly if the Cubs got contracted tomorrow, we would replace them in a number of categories regarding a history of futility)

duke of dorwood
10-13-2002, 11:00 PM
I'm sure the price increases get us there now

Dadawg_77
10-13-2002, 11:02 PM
At 25 I am to young to reserve myself to the fact I will never see a White Sox world series victory? God, just thinking about that is depressing.

doublem23
10-13-2002, 11:04 PM
OT, there was a trivia question during tonight's game, about what ML teams have never been to the World Series.

I come up with:

Expos
Mariners
Rockies
D-Rays
Rangers

What else am I missing?

Off the top of my head, I don't think the Astros have ever been to the World Series... I'm gonna go check.

http://www.baseballreference.com/teams/HOU/

wow... i got in on this pretty late.

FarWestChicago
10-13-2002, 11:05 PM
The 'Stros have never been in the Series.

Iguana775
10-13-2002, 11:19 PM
congrats to the angels. i hope that they win it all.

maurice
10-14-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
no more Homer Kotex

True, but Angel's fans are pretty annoying also, with their monkeys and swollen, red...um...tubes. You'd think the Angels were playing in SF. It's a good thing that their players are fun to watch.

DVG
10-15-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Monkeys advance , flunkies retreat. I love it. And no more Homer Kotex this year. Seems so long ago the Angels were 6-14. About that time we were probably 14-6. Hey, lets raise ticket prices.

After 20 games the White Sox were 13-7. Ah, the good old days.