PDA

View Full Version : Missing Element

voodoochile
10-13-2002, 04:56 PM
Watching the playoff baseball these past couple of days, it has become very apparent to me that the Sox miss one crucial element to make them a competitive team. That element is intensity. The team is always playing like there is no urgency and that is a direct reflection of JM's lack of it. They haven't shown any since June of the 2000 season (with the exception of the flubbies series each year). It is reflected in their record.

Yes, I know that more starting pitching and a consistent offense would be nice, but the lack of effort/heart/intensity or whatever you call it has a direct correlation to the lack of wins. Watching the Twinkies and Angels go at it really opens your eyes to the amount of effort necessary to get to the next level. Until the Sox start treating more games/series like they treat the flubbies each June, they will never join the elite teams of the league.

FarWestChicago
10-13-2002, 05:30 PM
There is no question they lack attitude/fire. They are going to need that, in addition to some more talent, if they ever want to get back to the playoffs.

Viva Magglio
10-13-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
There is no question they lack attitude/fire. They are going to need that, in addition to some more talent, if they ever want to get back to the playoffs.

:KW
What are you talking about? There is no lack of intensity on our team. I provide plenty of intensity, specifically when I go into the clubhouse to turn over buffet tables and call our players b****** and mother f******!!!

duke of dorwood
10-13-2002, 07:36 PM
The lack of intensity, that hey we'll get them tomorrow attitude can be laid on the doorstep of the manager. Lets see our young players, so aggressive at the end of the year, after a year of hypnotism by Manual.

cheeses_h_rice
10-13-2002, 07:44 PM
Where's Mack Newton when you need him?

Dadawg_77
10-13-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
The lack of intensity, that hey we'll get them tomorrow attitude can be laid on the doorstep of the manager. Lets see our young players, so aggressive at the end of the year, after a year of hypnotism by Manual.

I think that can be laid more at the dropstep of our beloved GM. He took a young hungry team and made them a old fulled team in a span of two off seasons.

ScottyTheSoxFan
10-16-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Where's Mack Newton when you need him?

probably with his bro Nate. what a nut.