PDA

View Full Version : Man Sues Cubs

HawkDJ
10-10-2002, 11:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/1010/1444003.html

voodoochile
10-11-2002, 12:55 AM
This ties into the earlier threads regarding marketing of the team. By making sure that tickets are regularly sold at 4 times face value, the flubbies generate a perception that their tickets go up in price as game day approaches and that good seats should be purchased early or you may end up paying much much more for the same seat. They also set perceived value of these seats at $130 making a trip to the park seem far more valuable than it is, especially if you happen to be sitting in similar seats for face price...

PaleHoseGeorge
10-11-2002, 08:41 PM
Oh, I just lovvvvve this part...

Mark McGuire, executive vice president of business operations for the Cubs, would not comment about the merits of the lawsuit, but said the team was "comfortable with the setup" of the subsidiary.

McGuire also pointed out that some attorneys helping on the case are also involved with rooftop owners battling the team's Wrigley Field expansion plans.

"At a minimum, the same people are involved," McGuire said.

Oh sure, McGuire has no comment-- if you're not counting his smear at the integrity of the people bringing the lawsuit!

What a slimeball!!!!

The people running the Cubune are miscreants who think they're above the law. Maybe a few of them ought to serve time in jail?

duke of dorwood
10-11-2002, 09:52 PM
I get the same feeling when I see or hear a rep from the Cubune as I get when I see George Ryan.

kermittheefrog
10-12-2002, 05:49 PM
Wouldn't it make more sense to file a class action suit in this case since the damages could apply to anyone who's purchased a Cubs ticket in the last few years?