PDA

View Full Version : The Keystone Twins

cheeses_h_rice
10-09-2002, 07:50 PM
Oh, how it delights me to see one of my most-hated Twins, AJ Pierszynski, muffing a play at the plate...

4-0 Angels, let's keep it up!

guillen4life13
10-09-2002, 07:52 PM
woo!

ma-gaga
10-09-2002, 08:58 PM
6-0 two run shot by Fullmer. Twins looking dead. Anaheim's Ortiz is cruising. All threats either being picked off, or run into double plays...

I can see the headlines now: 'Anaheim Seizes Homefield!'

7 game series. I tell ya.

hold2dibber
10-09-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
6-0 two run shot by Fullmer. Twins looking dead. Anaheim's Ortiz is cruising. All threats either being picked off, or run into double plays...

If it goes 7, the Twins are going to the WS

cheeses_h_rice
10-10-2002, 12:04 AM
Ahhh...nice to get home from my movie (Mike Leigh's "All Or Nothing" -- a good flick) and see not a single post by a Twinkie troll here. Glad to see the Angels held on; if they can nullify the Baggy Dome Advantage they can win this thing.

Nellie_Fox
10-10-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Ahhh...nice to get home ....and see not a single post by a Twinkie troll here. Glad to see the Angels held on; if they can nullify the Baggy Dome Advantage they can win this thing. Clarify this for me. Has this become the quasi-official position of this board? If you're not in lockstep agreement with wanting the Angels to win the ALCS, are you a Twinkie troll?

If it can't be the Sox, then I usually support the AL Central team to win. In the Series, I usually support the AL team (with the exception of the Yankees, of course.) With that in mind, and coupled with my current residence, I am cheering for the Twins over the Angels. I know I'm in the minority, but some of you guys are making it sound like the decision of who we must support has been made, and to do otherwise is somehow disloyal.

voodoochile
10-10-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Clarify this for me. Has this become the quasi-official position of this board? If you're not in lockstep agreement with wanting the Angels to win the ALCS, are you a Twinkie troll?

If it can't be the Sox, then I usually support the AL Central team to win. In the Series, I usually support the AL team (with the exception of the Yankees, of course.) With that in mind, and coupled with my current residence, I am cheering for the Twins over the Angels. I know I'm in the minority, but some of you guys are making it sound like the decision of who we must support has been made, and to do otherwise is somehow disloyal.

I think Cheeses was making a light hearted stab at the two regular Twins fans we have as posters. Personally, I am loving both championship matchups, though I haven't had much time to watch recently. I would enjoy seeing any of these teams win, because of their traditions, because of the way they play baseball, because of the possiblity of great players getting their first trophy or because the team in question was almost eliminated during the off-season. This is baseball as it should be.

Still, I can't bring myself to openly root for the Twins but that by no means expresses the official WSI company line. Root for who you want to...

Iwritecode
10-10-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

I think Cheeses was making a light hearted stab at the two regular Twins fans we have as posters.

Still, I can't bring myself to openly root for the Twins but that by no means expresses the official WSI company line. Root for who you want to...

I agree. I don't think the few Sox fans who are rooting for the Twins are trolls. Just the actual Twins fans. :smile: Which makes it even funnier that Cheese's post was 2 below this one which was made the night before:

Originally posted by ma-gaga

:)

cheeses_h_rice
10-10-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I think Cheeses was making a light hearted stab at the two regular Twins fans we have as posters.

That's partially right; this was more aimed at Twins8791. He had it coming to him after this zinger:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=133377#post133377

All in fun, I swear...But I personally find it impossible to root for the Twinkies this year. Aside from my personal hatred for guys like Piersyzinski and Hunter (and others), I think their ballpark is a complete joke whose inadequacies represent far too great a home-field advantage (especially that *#@& WHITE ceiling). In addition, rather than seeing anything great about a low-payroll team defying odds and getting far, it just reminds me of how absolutely unlucky the Sox have been in the postseason (I mean as far as "getting hot" at just the right time), and it grates me to no end to see such an otherwise crummy franchise possibly seeing its third World Series title in 15 years (e.g. the Twins have had many 4th and 5th place finishes in the years they haven't won it all). The Sox have been so much better and consistent over almost the same period of time, yet they have zilch to show for it. Twin luck/fate/whatever just reminds me of all the ways the Sox are cursed.

The Angels, meanwhile, despite being owned by Disney, are in a Sox-like position in the L.A. area; they are the true redheaded stepchild of SoCal sports. Plus they pummeled the Yankees. Of the 4 teams remaining, I have to go with them.