PDA

View Full Version : Gone to Charlotte

duke of dorwood
10-08-2002, 10:09 PM
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox have outrighted right-handed pitchers Lorenzo Barcelo, Kyle Kane and Mitch Wylie and left-hander Thomas Jacquez to Class AAA Charlotte.

rmusacch
10-09-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox have outrighted right-handed pitchers Lorenzo Barcelo, Kyle Kane and Mitch Wylie and left-hander Thomas Jacquez to Class AAA Charlotte.

What exactly does that mean? Does that mean they were removed from the 40 man roster?

duke of dorwood
10-09-2002, 02:13 PM
I think so-they were all on the 40 man roster.

hold2dibber
10-10-2002, 08:30 AM
Can someone educate me - what are the ramifications of being off of the 40 man roster? Does that make one eligible for the Rule 5 draft (or whatever that draft is where the acquiring team must keep the player on their MLB roster all year or give him back to the old team)? Also, has anyone heard a peep about Barcelo's status, progress or prognosis? Like most everyone, I have virtually given up on him because of his injury problems, which is really sad because when he came up with Buehrle in the second half of 2000, Barcelo was very effective and looked like a keeper.

duke of dorwood
10-10-2002, 08:49 AM
On the surface, this would appear to be another setback for someone that has had several arm operations.