PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Twins/Angels Game 1 thread

cheeses_h_rice
10-08-2002, 09:10 PM
BWAAA-HA-HA-HA!!!! Nice "D", Minny! On a routine, routine, ROUTINE grounder, too!

Tie game!

WinningUgly!
10-08-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
BWAAA-HA-HA-HA!!!! Nice "D", Minny! On a routine, routine, ROUTINE grounder, too!

Tie game!

Great game, other than the Twins winning it.

Twins8791
10-09-2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Great game, other than the Twins winning it.

That was the GOOD part! You were right about Mays - the 'Cy' part fits!

cheeses_h_rice
10-09-2002, 12:54 AM
Had to miss most of the rest of the game to see the new movie with Adam Sandler in it (NOT recommended), and quite surprised to hear the final score. Hopefully the Angels can come out of their offensive funk in the Baggydome and make this series interesting...

WinningUgly!
10-09-2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Twins8791
That was the GOOD part!

I'm sure it was...for you. :D:

You were right about Mays - the 'Cy' part fits!

The guy pitched a great game & does every time I see him pitch.

Kilroy
10-09-2002, 08:04 AM
I don't know how it is for you guys, but for me, the fact that the twins are in the ALCS blows so much, I can't watch it. I flipped it on for about 10 seconds last night and I had to turn it right back off. It makes me wanna wretch...

PaleHoseGeorge
10-09-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
I don't know how it is for you guys, but for me, the fact that the twins are in the ALCS blows so much, I can't watch it. I flipped it on for about 10 seconds last night and I had to turn it right back off. It makes me wanna wretch...

Ditto.

Foulke You
10-09-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Ditto.

make that 2 dittos! F'n Twinks! :angry:

Nellie_Fox
10-09-2002, 02:40 PM
Had to miss most of the rest of the game to see the new movie with Adam Sandler in it (NOT recommended), and quite surprised to hear the final score. Hopefully the Angels can come out of their offensive funk in the Baggydome and make this series interesting... You mean there is an Adam Sandler movie you would recommend? I don't understand how that one-trick pony has a career. He singlehandedly drove me away from Saturday Night Live.

Anyway, it will probably come as no surprise, given my current home, that I'm going with the Twins as far as they go now. I see no reason to root for the Angels; they've certainly done nothing for me.

cheeses_h_rice
10-09-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
You mean there is an Adam Sandler movie you would recommend? I don't understand how that one-trick pony has a career. He singlehandedly drove me away from Saturday Night Live.

"Happy Gilmore" is quite entertaining, I must say, but this new film ("Punch Drunk Love") was directed by Paul Thomas Anderson (Boogie Nights, Magnolia) and showcases Sandler in a very un-Adam-like role, for the most part. Supposedly it is a breakout film for him; I give it thumbs down because the plot moves way too slowly, Sandler's character is mostly unlikeable, and it just wasn't that interesting a story. But other reviewers have loved it.

Iwritecode
10-09-2002, 04:00 PM
"Happy Gilmore" is quite entertaining, I must say, but this new film ("Punch Drunk Love") was directed by Paul Thomas Anderson (Boogie Nights, Magnolia) and showcases Sandler in a very un-Adam-like role, for the most part. Supposedly it is a breakout film for him; I give it thumbs down because the plot moves way too slowly, Sandler's character is mostly unlikeable, and it just wasn't that interesting a story. But other reviewers have loved it.

"Big Daddy" was a pretty good movie. It got a little farther away from the dumb comedy that was "Billy Madison" although I liked that movie too. "The Waterboy" and "The Wedding Singer" were OK, but not real great IMHO. I'm not sure if "Airheads" is considered an Adam Sandler movie or not. His first CD was pretty funny and his second one had some good tracks. I'm still undecided on SNL. That show has it's moments, but it just isn't what it used to be...

I'm sure this post will get part of this thread moved to the PL real soon...