PDA

View Full Version : ankiel

guillen4life13
10-06-2002, 01:22 AM
hey i've just been wondering. what's happened to rick ankiel? last i heard he had tendinitis but that's it. if he was injured do you think he would be worth the gamble? he might not cost too much because of his wildness and his injuries. if we can get him relatively cheap, and don cooper can get him on track, we have a double lefty combo and a 1-2 combo that could be the best in the a.l. (even the majors once schilling or johnson leave).

half of me wants to make this whole post pink though, which is what sucks.

WinningUgly!
10-06-2002, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
hey i've just been wondering. what's happened to rick ankiel? last i heard he had tendinitis but that's it. if he was injured do you think he would be worth the gamble? he might not cost too much because of his wildness and his injuries. if we can get him relatively cheap, and don cooper can get him on track, we have a double lefty combo and a 1-2 combo that could be the best in the a.l. (even the majors once schilling or johnson leave).

half of me wants to make this whole post pink though, which is what sucks.

Three words jump out of your post that makes him a White Sox possibility...wildness, injuries & cheap. :D:

Seriously, I could see bringing him into ST to see what he's got. I'm not sure of his contract status, etc. He's still pretty young so I'm sure he's St. Louis property for a while yet. I'm not sure I like the though of KW making a trade offer for the guy.

guillen4life13
10-06-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Three words jump out of your post that makes him a White Sox possibility...wildness, injuries & cheap. :D:

Seriously, I could see bringing him into ST to see what he's got. I'm not sure of his contract status, etc. He's still pretty young so I'm sure he's St. Louis property for a while yet. I'm not sure I like the though of KW making a trade offer for the guy.

but i think that if he can get back to form, he is a cy young contender. the guy is pretty awesome. if he could turn out to be a bargain, I definitely think his upside is worth it. he's a lefty, which makes him an even higher commodity. and when he's healthy, and he gets his wildness fixed (when hes not wild he is amazing!!!) we have a guy who could be that top of the rotation starter.

who agrees, and who thinks this is possible although kw won't do it, knowing kw. i still half think this is all supposed to be deeppink

Soxheads
10-06-2002, 03:16 PM
I totally agree. He is young enough he is worth a shot in the minors.

hold2dibber
10-07-2002, 09:31 AM
Does anyone have any reason to think (other than pure speculation) that the Cardinals are ready to give up on him?

guillen4life13
10-07-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Does anyone have any reason to think (other than pure speculation) that the Cardinals are ready to give up on him?

no we don't. hence the fact that i half think that all of my posts, save this one, should be written in deep pink.